Gray Mouser

No Steam Login...

So this is new...

I went to login to the forums via steam like I usually do, and with over 20 attempts, could NOT login to the forums via my steam account. I had no problem logging into my steam account, but when I returned to the forums, I kept getting the 'Something went wrong, please try again.' page.

Is there something you'd like to tell us, guys? Perhaps a little Steam hate? =P

Had to create a new account just to post this...

I'd kinda like to go back to my usual account posting, but... (T_T)

The forum should be receiving some love soon. So assuming this is a forum issue (it could be Valve butchering the API...again...), it could be fixed soon. Otherwise it's either a Steam issue or your browser is blocking something (maybe an extension, I wouldn't know). 

I'll test it myself later.

Thanks Wyvyrias. It's still doing it, so the only way I can post now is with this alternate login and of course I don't get credit for such posts... sigh.

Personally, been having this problem from day one of joining this forum, to both greater (can't login with steam at all) and lesser (actually an error because yet another drunkard rammed the telephone pole leading to my street, resolved within the hour) extents.

I've allways suspected it was a database error in this site's backend systems (or Time Warner Cable being a colossal douche again), since it never mattered which of my three computers I was making the attempt from. (one of which I semi-regularly do a full nuke and reinstall on.)

I'll be happy to be proven wrong, of course, since these things usually aren't the fault of anyone running the forums, but it never directly hurts to suspect human/robot error.

Yeah, it's still doing it... I wouldn't mind if (as it seems to have been for you) it had been this way from the beginning. But from when I started using the forums, I was always able to (as much as Steam would let me) effortlessly log in and post and reply and all that junk.

My biggest gripe is that now I can't even reference my old posts, or see if someone replied to them, because I don't know where they are, unless I want to search the forums, and track down every posting to see if there have been replies. Sigh.

I guess it's just not something that most people care about, so no real loss if it never gets fixed, eh?

Oof sorry for not updating that here:

The Steam plugin actually is broken and will be updated soon (if that hasn't happened already).