I recently bought the game from the windows 10 store. When trying to install it, it downloads approx 3MB or so, then errors with the code 0x80073CF9.

I have tried all the many suggestions found by googling that error and even reinstalled windows but the problem persists. Other games and apps can be downloaded and installed just fine.

Microsoft wont seem to refund the purchase (there is no option to do so) as its a digital download. If i pass you the order details from the MS store, is it possible for you to 'convert' it to a steam key ? Or have you a solution to the above ?

Cheers

I assume you truly googled everything already, so I guess there has to be some kinda unique issue, although I have no experience with the MS Store version myself anyway (outside of what i read about it in reports).

And no, sadly you cannot obtain a Steam key through an MS purchase. Valve and MS are not affiliated like that, so you'll have to repurchase it on Steam if you wish to obtain it there. Though I heard MS is very generous with the refunds.

Hi there, yes tried a good half a dozen options for clearing cache, resetting the store etc, 'fixes' for that error are quite well documented even if they don't resolve the issue :)

I have however successfully installed the game on a different windows 10 machine using the same windows account, if I can get to the bottom of why it won't install on my main PC I will update you.

Thanks for your earlier reply, best wishes.

On 4/8/2018 at 7:50 PM, Starbuck_ said:

Hi there, yes tried a good half a dozen options for clearing cache, resetting the store etc, 'fixes' for that error are quite well documented even if they don't resolve the issue :)

I have however successfully installed the game on a different windows 10 machine using the same windows account, if I can get to the bottom of why it won't install on my main PC I will update you.

Thanks for your earlier reply, best wishes.

As it is a problem related to Microsoft Store, maybe try to ask people on Microsoft Community ? They probably have more knowledge about your problem that people here.

Microsoft have refund policy, You can read about it >>here<<

Hope it helpful :)

Edited by Porama6400

Sorry, the previous post can't be edit anymore

It says in Microsoft Website

" Sign in to your Order history and select Request a return. " <--- I'm copied whole line from MS website, you can just click that link