Jamnan

Ideas for next major update

Maybe you guys at System Era should think about adding in a proper Main menu where you could create a new game, load one, water, animals and food. maybe even adding in the ability to add in walls and roofs and floors and lights and add more materials and the reason I ask for water and animals, is that on every life sustainable world there are always some form of life and you must have food and water otherwise you would die otherwise. If you guys do end up adding in water could you please add in some different things to go in with it too? E.G. submarines, exo-suits, flippers, biomes, having  to colect oxygen to power tethers and habitats, being able to customize what gos on your vehicle. E.G. caterpillar trails, wheels, weapons, roofs, sides, windows, doors, and new looking seats. With the new extra large storage added in the last update, could you please think about making the clips work with medium storages as you cannot fit much on it at the moment, and maybe think a about being able to create MK2  suits  and MK2 terrain deformer. If you also had time you could add in jetpacks too, if you see the game planet nomads, they have closed storage and closed printers, maybe you could think about doing something like that. Also you could make a way to have printers and smelters pull things from other platforms, maybe you could make like an armory or something similar, where you could make weapons, suits, jetpacks, terrains deformers. Hope you take this idea and think about it! P.S. Love all the effort you guys have put in to updating this game lately, keep it going! It would be amazing if you could create all this content for all fellow Astroneers.

perhaps you do have great ideas, you still should read the road map, especially the "read this first" pinned posts.

moreover, this thread should be locked due to the request of weapons in it, weapons have been hardly denied, same as exo suits.

water are going to be added.

the developers are not going to add interior to the known structures, and seats are great as they are right now (in my opinion), but its just an idea of design.

when you think of suggestions, think of a 100% family allowed game, where you don't fight at all.

i like your enthusiasm.

On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 7:22 AM, yoavmal said:

perhaps you do have great ideas, you still should read the road map, especially the "read this first" pinned posts.

moreover, this thread should be locked due to the request of weapons in it, weapons have been hardly denied, same as exo suits.

water are going to be added.

the developers are not going to add interior to the known structures, and seats are great as they are right now (in my opinion), but its just an idea of design.

when you think of suggestions, think of a 100% family allowed game, where you don't fight at all.

i like your enthusiasm.

sorry for asking for guns and exo suits but could you guys please think about adding the other stuff I asked about because I think that having walls ceilings and floors are a great idea. still loving the commitment you guys have put in to shaping astroneer, plus another idea, maybe you could add servers where mass amounts of people could do things together as it really is a bit boring with just xbox multiplayer. Also it would be cool if you could actually personalize what goes on your rocket so you could change the engines and boosters. With the trucks, it is supposed to be a 25th century gold rush so I think the should have hover pads on them and not wheels as it is supposed to be set in the future, so think about that. But the main problem with astroneer is that it is a bit too much retro style, but I suppose it does make it look lively, plus, with the space ships, maybe you could add a manual mode and automatic mode, so with the manual mode, you actually have to control it with controls so you can go wherever you want, and the automatic mode is your average control, selecting where to land and the ship going there for you. Plus when I said to add food, you could add a food materializer, where you could trade resources for different amounts of food, depending on the rarity and the quantity given. Plus you could add in structures you could make by using titanium and plating you could make by the printers / fabricators, these structures could be made by a new addition of large fabricators. Also you could make the ability to create space stations which could be launched by a rocket into space and detatching it, where it extends into a space version of the habitat, this requires the ability to EVA from spaceships and stations to move around. Also, the starting habitat would be a lot better if you could actually go inside it and move around. You guys could also add in more thing people could make as the amount of things to do at the moment doesn't have much, so they end up having nothing to do. I still think you have been fantastic at modelling and shaping astroneer and system era! P.S. I have lots more ideas coming your way!

And you still should *read* the roadmap! You offer great ideas which have been added to there or denied.

There are pinned messages with the "read this first".

I wish you will read it first and suggest your ideas only AFTER that, because you seem to have some good ones.

I’m pretty sure fauna (animals) is in the road map but I’m not sure and if they add fauna i think it should be more like little rabbits and birds that can be companions in you endless battle with lonely-ness. And if there are hostile creatures (which I’m not sure about) i think that they should act more like traps then lions

@RebelordI don't really think it is a very good idea to have pets as it ruins the concept of the game but it would be nice to have animals though, good idea

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t see how having pets ruins the concept of the game i just think it would be nice to have a little pet (which can die) to follow you around maybe help you a bit in getting organic but nothing game changing

I’m wondering if we need to ensure Astroneers learn to explorer and survive on other planets whilst introducing the goal of returning home?

I’m guessing home could be another planetary system, Earth or other.

In order to return home, the Astroneer needs to build a multistage rocket. But, to achieve this the Astroneer needs to visit each planet (and moon) in the system, build bases and survive; and, based on a range of parameters, e.g. travel x, mine y, find z, etc., unlocking one rocket stage from each world.

A small twist could be the launch pad can only be built on the first planet and the unlocked rocket stages can only be constructed on the planet where unlocked thus forcing the Astroneer to travel between worlds.

Just saying the goal of the game is to get rich and your character willingly came to the solar system so trying to get Home would not make much sense

and in response to the inital post i missed this when i first read the essay of a post and i am here to warn you against weapons becuase astroneer does not wanna go in that direction so please avoid anymore topics mentioning weapons or your thread may be locked

5 minutes ago, Rebelord said:

Just saying the goal of the game is to get rich and your character willingly came to the solar system so trying to get Home would not make much sense

and in response to the inital post i missed this when i first read the essay of a post and i am here to warn you against weapons becuase astroneer does not wanna go in that direction so please avoid anymore topics mentioning weapons or your thread may be locked

Everyone who says this, I tell them I am sorry for asking. but when I apologize they do not listen "

''

hmtfmfhmnmn,gmdr,,,,,,,,,,,,rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrngfgbdbncbb,fnbgbn,hjfhdhgfdhgbdjgrdlhrgj,mfbcvnmnvcfhhjcjjh,f,vjcjfj,nb,cfjdbmbnbncjhfdnnxmmdsghdghbxbdghbnzxbgsbbzvvbxzkghkdgvvxmbzshgshgsgxzghsxbbzzsghdjjhxhzzsbhjhhjzhjcxbxbgzgghdxhjjshhjdbb = I AM VERY ANNOYED THAT YOU WONT LISTEN TO ME

Sorry i missed the apology in your second post its just that you wrote so much i was kinda skimming threw to the main points to help shape the idea

i didn’t mean to be annoying 

Can people please stop talking about other questons. If you have other ideas please create your own post in the ideas section and insert any ideas you have for the game. Thank you

1 hour ago, Jamnan said:

Can people please stop talking about other questons. If you have other ideas please create your own post in the ideas section and insert any ideas you have for the game. Thank you

People stopped posting here 8 months ago...