dr.phibes

An idea for research!

Hello fellow explorers, if you are as much of a geeky nerd as me, and you probably are, do you not want to know what you are researching? Unless I missed something, it would be awesome to see what you have found. I found a 'pyramid' shaped something and popped it in the research chamber, but I still don't know what it is! I also play Kerbal Space Program which allows you to do scientific research, but when the research is completed you get some details about the subject. Even if it is just sci-fi hee-haw.

I hope that makes sense. Thanks.

I think that developers are focusing on fixing game engine, physics and trying to fix current content. This should be working first before they try to add another content.
Game community has manyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy different ideas but game mechanics should be patched first.

I would also like to see additional content but we need to wait for it bit longer.

Love your idea, I have a few more on my post, come check them out. It would be very nice to have a description, but the thing is that if you have information about it, it might sound a little boring, which would discourage them to research it, but it is still a good idea. :D

Edited by Jamnan
LOTS more ideas on my post, but just saying that is a good idea. DR. Phebes

On 4/9/2018 at 4:59 AM, Jamnan said:

Love your idea, I have a few more on my post, come check them out. It would be very nice to have a description, but the thing is that if you have information about it, it might sound a little boring, which would discourage them to research it, but it is still a good idea. :D

Almost all your posts are you bragging about your posts...

10 hours ago, MarcusUniversee said:

Almost all your posts are you bragging about your posts...

I'm just trying to get the devs to see my post if they see his bc then they have even more ideas. JEEZ i'm not bragging, so just keep what you want to say to yourself, unless it is a good thing

Edited by Jamnan
teaching someone a lesson well taught

It's fine asking to look at your post as long as its not irrelevant due to the fact all posts here are ideas and as long as its not repeating annoyingly and endlessly, and i still recommend you to read the road map.

I do not try to be offensive, so do not try to reply harmfully, thank you.

Maybe if you keep researching the same thing over and over again its like a system were the lore is slowly translated from what can be seen as a corrupted file becuase while there’s many different pods in the game you tend to find the same ones over and over so it would be nice to see it as progression. Also maybe you would recive a big reward of bytes for finally recovering the file

Wow, thanks for all the replies. It takes me a while to check these things, i'm not into social media,at all, I use this and two other 'forums', and only got a mobile phone at the start of the year - forced upon me by my amazing wife, Heather. 

@ferendris - thanks for that, i'll be sure to check it out and follow that. The 'live' in-game updates are an awesome idea, but I didn't know there was a planning document. Must be an age thing.

@termos22 - Oh no, I wasn't expecting anything, even if there was something planned, to be done until the game was ready for a final release. It's just me being a geeky nerd. I don't expect any kind of say in what is done within the game, or when it is done and I hope my post didn't come across like that...I love it now and will sit quietly until 'something' new happens. Since I started playing so much has changed. Not just the mechanics, but the look of it too.

I'm sure i've already got much more enjoyment value than the £14 I paid for it.

@jamnan - i'm almost positive that knowing what you have just found is more fun than just getting bytes for finding it. All that hard work! I found a weird looking, red, pyramidal pod-thingy and it said "unknown". I almost got poisoned by those yellow mushrooms (after learning the hard way in a previous expedition), risked suffocation after getting lost in the dark, and had to carry it all the way back to base. After the research is complete it would be brilliant to find out, "You have discovered a previously unknown biological sample. Appears to be 'plant-like' at its base genetic level, but with, blah, blah, blah..." I should know better at my age, but I watched/read too much sci-fi as I was growing-up.

Maybe, at a future point, one research find could direct you towards others. Maybe, while digging-up some compounds, I uncover a structure...not a human structure either!

@Rebelord - go have a wander in the woods and after 30 minutes you can find loads of different 'things', like seeds, that look the same, but upon more than just a cursory examination reveal so much more. Also, there are so many levels of research you could perform...you would never get bored! Well, I wouldn't.

Over all there is some lore to the game (it explains the dead Astroneers) but i feel like this should be added becuase me like a lot of other people are lore fanatics and i would spend litteraly very waking moment trying to get everything unlocked.