Be able to recycle or delete objects/platforms

Tuzixss

Be able to recycle or delete objects/platforms when you   have alot  of things that you dont need anymore. Maybe  we  could use the ''RE-INITIALIZE CARGO DROP'' platform to delete objects/cars or recycle them.  ''RE-INITIALIZE CARGO DROP''  could have more options if you place something inside the circle could be a cool thing? :)
I have crafted 10  medium platforms A to have solar panels on, later on i found large platform D to use instead! So i dont need  these 10 other platforms & i dont know  where to put them . Maybe we could unpack  & repack platforms?

13.png

32.png

5 hours ago, Rebelord said:

Maybe instead there’s a recycling machines that gives you 3/4 of the materials back

And it has a buffer like the terrain tool/drill head, so it stores partial blocks internally.

Maybe something with a big chute in the front, like a wood-chipper.

For recycling  idea i was  thinking about if the object you   delete  is made of resin/commpund   you will  get 3/4 ,  if the object is made of rare materials you will get   2/4, 1/2

I think there sould be a customisable feature because then you can change the colour of your base and character model. Also I think there should be mobs or aliens bc then you would get a gun plus then there’s strategy to it too, please reply 

Your faithfully 

The Gaming 0wll

16 hours ago, Danielbetu said:

I hope that this idea becomes a reality in the game

i hope  that too :)

Currently u can get ride of stuff with dynamite but i think the devs can do better then that SO here’s my idea

you still have to blow excess platforms and stuff up (i like explosions :)) and then you have to throw fragments into the recycler which would be like a box that has flames melt material down on the inside and if you throw organic in it turns into soil and there a machine to recycle plant bits from giant trees that you blew up to get organic that look like one of those scary meet grinder things

I’ve mentioned before (most likely in Patch Notes, that’s were I tend to post the most :P) how I’d love to be able to break down all those small batteries I find when exploring and convert them into some additional Lithium so I can craft more medium batteries. I do a LOT of exploring in caves on Terran, rarely ever do I leave Terran, and I do find some in crashes but generally I could use more of it. I’m working in becoming more of an off-world explorer (I’ve explored all planets before, at least once) but until then...yeah. I have no interest in erasing mountains or any other areas of terrain just to turn them into Lithium using the Mineral Extractor. Im not about to tell anyone else the right or wrong way to play their game, but doing so would imho be mind-numbingly boring :P I agree, if we were allowed some sort of recycling mechanism we should get some partial starting components back (some percentage, but idk what would be appropriate, whatever the Devs would deem fit I suppose, and it’d likely be weighted by rarity as well). So I’m sure it would take, for example, recycling a few small batteries to get enough Lithium to craft a medium battery, but any assistance would be nice. If you go and gather the small batteries up, that’s still involves expended effort through exploration, and I believe it’s worthy of some reward in return should this recycling idea gain traction with the Devs. I’m all for it :) On accasion I’ve ended up with a few too many medium platforms of various kinds, or simply later in a game didn’t need what I’d started with, so yeah something a bit more elegant and useful beyond “destruction via dynamite” is desireable for the long-term.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Devs are already working on something of this nature. They may not have figure out how they want to implement it yet, though. After all, there’s still a lot of “new things” they’ll be adding this quarter and next, so I believe it may be premature to apply a recycling system at this time. We’re still deleting all our saves anyway with each major update/revision, so for now it doesn’t matter so much if we have excess platforms. In the meantime, I guess we’ll have to plan more carefully when we craft, or do like I did in my one world where the habitat & all associated platforms died (hab ceased making energy, and platforms ceased propagating energy completely) :( so I had to make a platform & module “graveyard” of sorts, throwing all the nonfunctional items aside. I had to craft new small & medium fabricators, new platforms, the works. I couldn’t rely on the hab for any energy, so I moved everything a little bit away from it (not too far though, as I could still seek shelter in, and save my game in the hab, but I also kept an open seat as backup with my platforms).

Deifinitely in favor of some sort of recycling system :) 

I don’t think we’ll see a “repackaging system” like putting them back in the same sort of cardboard-like box they pop out from. Idk seems like an irreversible process to me. I just don’t think they’ll do it, call it a hunch, but I have no info on anything they do, so I suppose it “could” happen (technically anything “could happen”). I guess what I’m saying is, it just doesn’t seem to “fit” overall with the way the game has been designed (so far). Not saying it wouldn’t be really cool, though. Convenient as well! :D 

Edited by Shadow Echo

I think a new "Recycling Station" object would be great.

And maybe somehow it's not a perfect system.  You never get back as much as you spent building something, and maybe it can sometimes even produce waste you have to dispose of somehow, so you're not frivolous with building things, and end up having to make your own landfill for the waste as a cost to the process :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I made a new home, and I died. Now I awlays spawn at the new home with nothing to live around. I have found dinamites, but why dinamites can't destroy my new home huhu :[

Even if we don't get a way of recycling old items a way to store them would be cool. I have a giant hole in my world that I use like a landfill.  I just throw the stuff in there.  I have found myself going back to it every now and then and thinking I can use that platform over here. 

I do believe that the current method for deleting platforms is simple and should be remade, but i do NOT believe that dynamite should be removed from the process because then it would not have much of a purpose and it would be rather weird to shove a extra large platform down a recyclers throat so here is what i think should happen

you still have to blow excess platforms and stuff up (i like explosions :)) and then you have to throw fragments into the recycler which would be like a box that has flames melt material down on the inside and if you throw organic in it turns into soil and there a machine to recycle plant bits from giant trees that you blew up to get organic that look like one of those scary meet grinder things. Also anything that is the same size or smaller as a medium battery can just be directly thrown into the recycler and anything bigger must first be detonated into smaller fragments that you can pick up and throw into the recycler also the grinder that can recycles organic comes first but its less efficient then its “hotter” (I’m punny) cousin in which melts down the materials and gives more back.

2 hours ago, Rebelord said:

I do believe that the current method for deleting platforms is simple and should be remade, but i do NOT believe that dynamite should be removed from the process because then it would not have much of a purpose and it would be rather weird to shove a extra large platform down a recyclers throat so here is what i think should happen

you still have to blow excess platforms and stuff up (i like explosions :)) and then you have to throw fragments into the recycler which would be like a box that has flames melt material down on the inside and if you throw organic in it turns into soil and there a machine to recycle plant bits from giant trees that you blew up to get organic that look like one of those scary meet grinder things. Also anything that is the same size or smaller as a medium battery can just be directly thrown into the recycler and anything bigger must first be detonated into smaller fragments that you can pick up and throw into the recycler also the grinder that can recycles organic comes first but its less efficient then its “hotter” (I’m punny) cousin in which melts down the materials and gives more back.

very well

On 04/04/2018 at 5:59 AM, polarity said:

And it has a buffer like the terrain tool/drill head, so it stores partial blocks internally.

I agree,

it can this way store multiple partial material and it can be less than 1 unit.

3/4 seems too much, I suggest something more like 1/10 BUT being able to also recycle wrecks with it.
This way the machine will be more useful and this will encourage for exploration.
(Using the Winch we should be able to drag them to this machine)

The hard part would make so you can demolish big structures but luckily i have a solution you have to place dynamite in strategic location (shown by a hologram) and then u detonate them all at once completely destroying the structure and giving you many fragments. But the problem is transporting becuase there litteral fragments with nothing for the storage to connect to so you could either take 10 million trips using a winch or use a mobile base to drive the recycler over and make your life easier. Encouraging mobile bases and exploration

On 4/16/2018 at 7:41 PM, Hirsute said:

being able to also recycle wrecks with it.

This way the machine will be more useful and this will encourage for exploration.
(Using the Winch we should be able to drag them to this machine)

Something with a big hopper on the front, and you attach a normal winch to it, that automatically retracts, and then processes the item when it's fully wound in.  It could be usable on wrecked satellites, surplus platforms, as well as the larger plants.

I don’t think being able to drag giant wrecks is the best idea becuase it would look kinda dumb and if we don’t give people the ability to pull around the recks it encourages people to set up out posts in order to harvest the large structures which would take some time