Fragmet

Massive fps slowdown on xbox

Playing on Xbox one and experiencing frame rate issues

Only noticed when inside rover and close to tethers/base.

Let me stress I didn't experience massive frame rate drop prior to rover creation and I had already placed many tethers by that point.

I was unable to capture on video as it appears a save reload fixes this issue, so unsure if I can replicate conditions

Same thing just happened to me on my xbox.  

Many tethers and no rover

I am working on a video now and will post when it hits youtube

5 minutes ago, christ93 said:

Same thing just happened to me on my xbox.  

Many tethers and no rover

I am working on a video now and will post when it hits youtube

After you upload video, can you see if a save reload fixes this issue on Xbox one? It'll be a handy workaround for the community if this can be confirmed by more than one user. Thanks in advance!

Xbox One Version:

I'm having a similar frame rate issue which seems to be related to the bug where you attach tethers to your base and log off and after logging back on they are detached(not showing blue connection line), when players picks up the tether that is unconnected there is a massive fps hit( down to about 1 frame a second). I tried to put them back in my bag, but game crashed to xbox one dashboard. Also massive frame rate drops when driving rover/truck pasted connected tethers.

Edited by DrJonasBoochski

4 minutes ago, christ93 said:

Quitting then restarting fixed the issue

Not for long unfortunately. I experience the same issue after day/ night cycle completes (10/15 mins) Thanks for checking though

6 minutes ago, DrJonasBoochski said:

Xbox One Version:

I'm having a similar frame rate issue which seems to be related to the bug where you attach tethers to your base and log off and after logging back on they are detached(not showing blue connection line), when players picks up the tether that is unconnected there is a massive fps hit( down to about 1 frame a second). I tried to put them back in my bag, but game crashed to xbox one dashboard. Also massive frame rate drops when driving rover/truck pasted connected tethers.

I've noticed a similar issue regarding the tether detachment in the last few minutes too. Linking up to rover instead of base (yet I still haven't figured out how to link rover carriages together :S ) That said I'm after a few drinks now and my judgement isn't to be trusted :)

1 minute ago, Fragmet said:

I've noticed a similar issue regarding the tether detachment in the last few minutes too. Linking up to rover instead of base (yet I still haven't figured out how to link rover carriages together :S ) That said I'm after a few drinks now and my judgement isn't to be trusted :)

If you click on the connection to the rover when the blue highlight wheel shows up and hold down the click it usually connects the rover to the base and to each other.

1 minute ago, DrJonasBoochski said:

If you click on the connection to the rover when the blue highlight wheel shows up and hold down the click it usually connects the rover to the base and to each other.

Nice one! Appreciate the info