Hulkmccracken

Home planet disappeared [Steam], [0.6.7.0]

I launched off my home planet to explore the other planets. I am not stuck between 2 planets and can't get back home.

The bottom 3 dots is my home planet location but it is no longer there.

20180331233852_1.thumb.jpg.b383e45bea9e66aa9e994cfc988cc46b.jpg

PS -  I love this game and the thoughts of starting over usually means I will go to another game. I am starting my new game right after I post this and hope I can salvage my current game in a future update.

Edited by Hulkmccracken
Add a subnote

I have the exactly same problem that he has. I flew out of my home planet to scout a nearby exotic planet, deployed a habitat there and put some printers and stuff. And then I decided to come back home to get more supplies, and then realized that my home planet has gone dark. I'm sure that my home planet is just below the current planet that I'm in coz I'm seeing my beacons all over the bottom part of space as shown in the screen shot and video b elow, and also similar to the original poster above. 

ASTRONEER 4_2_2018 12_34_09 AM.mp4

2018-04-02.png

I Agree. sometimes, when you're too far away, you need to go to the atmosphere of another planet and then go again from the shuttle space launching range to get on the good planet.

Seems to be that the beacons we see at the bottom of the screen is just a residual image of the previous planet that we were in. You can see the beacons but there's no planet there at all, the real planet that we came from is orbiting the sun, and wait for the home planet to get close to you, then jump to it right away.

You have to stay in orbit and wait or go to orbit when your home planet comes within range.

MadHatt597 had it right exactly. The only planet (currently) that has a moon. As they showed in the image, you are not at Terran.

The floating beacons and such in space has been around a long time. Once you leave Terran and explore other planets, the beacons and flags from your base(s) on Terran (and I think, any other planets) will show as just hanging in space below wherever you are. Once you return to Terran, they will resume their proper places.

Unless you are short on fuel, just jump to a planet that has a closer orbit to Terran and wait for it to get close enough. You'll find you can get there just fine (unless you run out of fuel, that is...)

Edited by The Gray Mouser