Sign in to follow this  
CosmicD

0.6.7 reproducible crash using my 0.6.5 savegame/worklights

I'm able to make the game crash "on demand" using a few procedures in my 0.6.5 created base. 

Preface, (which I think is important)
I had a base made with 0.6.5, and it had some worklights plugged on the ceiling, which were bugged (and non functioning but visible) in the 0.6.6 hotfix. Itwould only show the actual light without the base/power plugs
I used the same savegame in 0.6.7 to reproduce the crash. but the bugged worklights dissapeared (are no longer there )

I made 2 new worklights to replace the (nonexistente) old ones, then I went up to the shuttle and entered it. = crash.
Whenever I do the same procedure, (on the savegame) it always produces the same result. Build connected (functional) new worklights in base, go up to shuttle, enter = crash.

I provided a crashlog, dxdiag and the savegame in which you can test this.

Logs.zip

SaveGames.zip

DxDiag.txt

important update:
Appearently you must connect the new worklights in this very specific way to provoke the crash. I also tried it by connecting them to base items near my shuttle but then the crash never happened. 
I demonstrate how, from 3:05

I'm getting the same crash with my last 6.5 savegame but it happens as soon as It loads up. Not even a sec in and it crashes. Had the same problem in 6.6 and now in 6.7.

update2
I tried to recreate the environment in a new 0.6.7 game in which I place a work light "not" on the surface, but appearently that's not enough for the crash to happen. I guess it has to do with a save that has been made in a previous version ?
84AFEBFB86DBC082DDB96EF79F1B4B3C782EF330