dantetron

0.6.6.0 problem

Looks like I just had a Steam update for Astroneer. 0.6.6.0

Since the update, items like small generator and small fabricator have lost their bases when you set them down on the surface.  In other words, there's no way to give them power.

And, in other words, if you go to another planet, there's no way to create a medium platform without power to the fabricator. This happend right after today's update.

2 hours ago, dantetron said:

Looks like I just had a Steam update for Astroneer. 0.6.6.0

Since the update, items like small generator and small fabricator have lost their bases when you set them down on the surface.  In other words, there's no way to give them power.

And, in other words, if you go to another planet, there's no way to create a medium platform without power to the fabricator. This happend right after today's update.

I have not updated yet, so I have not seen it with my own eyes.

but can not you create a new planetary habitat for power?

items like small generator and small fabricator have lost their bases when you set them down on the surface.

Same goes for work lamp, small solar panel, small wind turbine, they've all lost their nice little stands

Also, I can't see any patch note for 6.6.0

You can make a habitat.   But, if you remember, if you're standing with nothing but what you can make with your backpack printer, you're next action is to create a small fabricator. This allows you to create all the necessities to survive. Including a medium platform.  But, since the small fabricator no longer has a power base when you put it down on the surface, there's no way to hook the habitat to it to give it power.  So, dead end.  :/