Sign in to follow this  
Wolfiesden

Is it me or are storms more frequent now?

Its to the point they seem to appear (literally) every 15 minutes.  Its like clockwork.  Yesterday I started watching when the sky would darken.  And each time I punched up the home screen (XB1).  It was, without exception, within a minute of the quarter hour mark every time.  All day.  00,15,30 and 45.

I don't remember them being that frequent before the most recent patches.  Maybe its just old age, fading memories or pain meds I am currently on.  But they are really getting on my nerves and really annoying.

I noticed that too in multiplayer. I did not measure the time intervals but sometimes there is no time even to walk through the base that we had to run and hide again for the next storm, it is little bit too much, especially when I try and build something.

8 hours ago, stephan.dickinson said:

I feel this is correct.  On Radiated especially.

totally agree about the radiated thing, must be because it is quite the tiny planet...

Haven't been to the other worlds yet in the new update, but on Terran they are more frequent. They are also more frequently only on the horizon and less aiming for your location. I don't mind them being more frequent when they are actually going over different areas of the world.  Watching a storm pass by is rather pleasant.

9 hours ago, AstroSamson920 said:

Watching a storm pass by is rather pleasant.

IF they pass by.  When I posted this I was building an elevated road from base (equator) to north pole.  There IS no place to hide up there.  So I just hang on and pray.  And then press and HOLD (X) to get out of the capsule.  Sometimes it took so long to get back to my body that I would encounter another storm before I could get back.

I am sorry but the storm frequency is TOO MUCH.

To allow me to even progress reasonably, I built a 1s open and carried it along with me as I built the path.  When a storm comes, I climb in the seat.  Every now and then I pick it up and move it along the path.  I ended up placing 3 into small caves along the path as it came near mountain peaks and a 4th at the NP base.

6 hours ago, Wolfiesden said:

When I posted this I was building an elevated road from base (equator) to north pole.  There IS no place to hide up there. 

Why don't you use the terrain tool to raise a wall that you can use to hide behind? After all, storms do have a direction and you can very clearly determine from where the rocks will come flying at you.

I've found on radiated (in the save I have) the storms don't have boxes in them.  If someone else could check also would be good

On 3/27/2018 at 4:44 PM, Marck said:

Why don't you use the terrain tool to raise a wall that you can use to hide behind? After all, storms do have a direction and you can very clearly determine from where the rocks will come flying at you.

Because the path was only one terrain tool pad wide as I was prepping to get to the north pole and there simply wasn't room nor time to wait until the boxes are flying to then build up anything.  That and it seems in the past the boxes fly through stuff anyway.  Maybe thats changed.

On 3/27/2018 at 7:30 PM, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

I agree, there seem to be far more storms now than ever before. 

I don't mind storms, I like them. I just don't like them every few minutes. I wish the player had more control of his/her own environment/play style. 

Full on there.  I don't mind them but again, not so damn often.  Every half hour is enough.  Every 15min is too much.