Sign in to follow this  
backnorth

"cant enter rover" error, found some fixes.

I did some experiments and found two methods to enter a rover every time. Granted I only did this with med(small) rover but it may be of help.

Method #1: I found that if I point the cursor at the ground and take out my terrain tool I can then enter the rover. this was repeated with 100% success rate. its only when I put the cursor on the seat without the terrain tool out that it errors.

Method #2: I constructed a new med(small) rover and then constructed a single open seat on it with the vehicle bay (NOT the printer). I was able to enter the seat 100% of the time. I tried pulling my terrain tool out and was still able to enter. I loaded the front and back ends with racks and this did not cause the error. actually I cant get the error to repeat with this rover.

Follow up: I found that method #2 also works for Lg shuttles. and I duplicated results with med(small) rover on the barren moon. no trouble at all getting in.

well it burst my bubble. I reloaded the game, on the barren moon and the rover began erring. Lg. shuttle still doesn't. went back to terran planet and my other rover was doing it also. I did notice that the Lg. shuttle was not on the ground, which it was previously and my footprints where not on the ground either.

interesting event with this; I was roving on the barren moon and fell into a cave entrance. rover was upside down and I flipped it back over. after that I was able to enter it every time again. the rover flew into the air a good distance before landing. however, after that I returned to the terran planet and tried the rovers there. still had the problem with those.

These ways work

• Pickup and replace the rover seat
  • Put rover seat on front makes entering more reliable, you just have a silly driving position
  • Alt + Left Click  - Entering Habitat/Rover/Shuttle  like this eliminates the problem for me totally and stops the can't interact with items issue

I've tried the <Alt> key thing, and it's about 50-50. Either I get in the seat, or I just pick it up. Either way, I suppose you could say I get access to the seat (once I place it back), but still not ideal...