Is it possible to play an older version of this game?

I kind of liked the way the game played before the update. I have only been playing the game a short time, so I can see how the players would want an update. At any rate, I am along for the ride. 

Is there a way to revert to a previous version of the game somehow? Could I play the version that was originally installed on my computer back in January 2018?

Edited by astronautswithouthelmets

While there ARE some places you can download an older version of Astroneer, remember that those copies are (as Wyvyrias above stated so clearly) in no way endorsed, nor released in any way by SES, so they are in fact pirated copies. And not only does that make them just wrong (failing to support development), but since you have no way of knowing if they're even original install versions, you could be getting yourself in for a bit of nastiness in the form of trojan/virus/malware...

So our only hope is that the dev team is keeping all the old builds in clean archive form, and will someday create a 'Development Process Experience' mode where you can change which mode you play in (like Minecraft can)...just saying, SES...(hint, hint)

I just parked my lg. rovers for now. sml rovers are much more fun to drive anyway. I started a new game and have not seen the "can't interact" problem with it yet. and my med btty's are working normally to. I'm wondering if a some of these problems can be attributed to the save game files.

On 3/25/2018 at 4:35 AM, backnorth said:

I just parked my lg. rovers for now. sml rovers are much more fun to drive anyway. I started a new game and have not seen the "can't interact" problem with it yet. and my med btty's are working normally to. I'm wondering if a some of these problems can be attributed to the save game files.

Bit of a derail.  But, no.  I developed the non-interactive issue on a brand new game.  So, nope, it wasn't due to using an older save on a new patch.  At least for me.

I don't like very much the new version too, new buildings system, new researsh system...

Now at the first moment in the game you can not buy the technologies but you can see them all, there is no more surprises or discovery. 

It's a very good game, but I hope it will not come out like this..

By encouraging the team for their work. looking forward te seeing more ! 

16 hours ago, Superflymodule said:

Now at the first moment in the game you can not buy the technologies but you can see them all, there is no more surprises or discovery. 

They are already fudging the research byte costs to get us to unlock and test things quicker.  I have no doubt that they will have some of the research exposed at the beginning of a game and then by some form of mechanism we haven't had yet, new blueprints will become unlocked.  I too liked the discovery feeling of the old research methods but I don't miss it too much.   Before it was pure dumb luck as to what you got.  Now you have control over what you spend your research bytes on.  That part, at least, is far better than the old method of researching potentially hundreds of nodules just to get a small shuttle to get off the first rock you landed on.

16 hours ago, Superflymodule said:

It's a very good game, but I hope it will not come out like this..

It won't.  Unlike many devs, the SE devs actually listen to player feedback.

Thats one of the reasons I get ticked off when people just diss someone for posting something they dislike and yell at them telling them its pre-alpha or (now) alpha software.  It being in alpha state is NOT an excuse to bite your lip.  THIS is when the devs need to hear your likes as well as your DISLIKES.  They listen.  And they hear.  If nobody posts what they dislike, how can they hear that in the silence? They can't.  If they find out that most of the players hate feature X, well, they need to hear that because its possible now to remove feature X or come up with a better way of doing feature X.