Gamma Ray Bursts!!

misternice

Let's add gamma ray bursts to the game!

They randomly occur once every twelve thousand moons and pierce into the core of the planet, giving easy access to astronium! xD

a stun type weapon? very interesting

I personally want something that takes advantage of the terrain as a defensive measure, a cage grenade or such. Radiation is a good concept, given that astronium is said to be radioactive. it could add complexity to the most experienced player's challenges with such stuff as alpha and beta radiation. Not nuclear bombs, per say, but asteroid miners and ways to power space-faring bases in the future.

some items such as radiation deflectors could be created, and radiation would be able to generate some light, heat if that is added, but could 'erode' the terrain

just a suggestion

Weapons have been denied, i recommend you to read the pinned posts (those which you can find the "read this first" writings).

Actually - a solar storm would be more realistic seeing as some of, or all of, the planets have atmospheres... Most of the background gamma rays emitted from ultra-dense-micro-spheres / black-holes should be stopped from the atmospheres, depending.... 

However, if we could visit asteroids, etc.. then radiation of all types would be important to shield from however for this game it might be too much level of detail.... They may not even add proper driving system...

Solar flares / storms caused by ejections from the sun can cause damage to non-shielded electrical equipment... not to mention if one is powerful enough it could push an atmosphere away from the planet ( that might be too much lod too )...

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2018 at 10:30 PM, yoavmal said:

Weapons have been denied, i recommend you to read the pinned posts (those which you can find the "read this first" writings).

Its not necessarily a weapon but more of a tool, think of it as a garden trowel. I don't really know who you were talking to, but if it was me then, here's your answer.

Edited by FireStorm649

With Fauna a possibility i want there to be small traps you can set up to lure little rabbits or something into to tame in order to help you with your endless battle against lonely-ness being the only person on a planet