Manuel24810

The controls always reset!

When I first started the game, I changed my controls, but every time I restart the game, it resets to the default settings!

Edited by Manuel24810

Assuming you're on PC

Check your GameUserSettings.ini file which located in C:\Users\[YourUserNameHere]\AppData\Local\Astro\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\ and see if it's Read Only or not.

quickest way to get to the Astro folder: Homebutton + R -> type %appdata% -> go back to the upper folder (from Roaming back to AppData) -> Open Local -> Look for the Astro folder.

16 minutes ago, Manuel24810 said:

Excuse me, but what do you mean with Read Only? Sorry for the question, but I don't know these things.

right-click on GameUserSettings.ini -> Properties. Look at the bottom of the new windows that popped up, see if the small check box called "Read Only" is checked, if so, uncheck it, then go back in game and change your preferred settings.

And you're changing controls? Nethermind. We've the same issue:  controls are resetting everytime we launch the game, right? we should get a report on Bugs/crashes topics trend

bonjours a tous,

donc oui je suis francais :-p avec un clavier AZERTY. et maintenant je joue enfin a astroneer avec les bonne touches.

bon ma solution est provisoire, il faudrait qu era regle le probleme.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/195x0vjqz1qhq2p/AAB_hySMPosMxTZLcOtxUStTa?dl=0

voici le lien dropbox de mes deux fichiers de config, gameusersetting.ini et input.ini.

il faut les mettre en lecture seule avant le lancant du jeu et ensuite vous serez tranquille :-)

Alternatively, if you're still having this issue, make your changes, and then set the file to read-only using the method described above.  I've modified my view distance via the GameUserSettings.ini and then made it read-only so it wouldn't reset.

I still have this issue, made my changes, and then set the GameUserSettings.ini to read-only using the method described above.

Strange thing:

I've made my Keybindings and Soundsettings ingame (mainmenue)

The GameUserSettings.ini contains all my changes, is now write-protected (read-only) but every time I restart the game, even so it resets Keybindings to the default settings

and all Soundsettings to zero (value=0).

Maybe there is another location with a temporary GameUserSettings.ini?

I'm on Steam Win7 x64 with German QWERTZ-Keybord.

I purchased Astroneer on 21.April 2018 version 0.6.8.0 - after update to 0.7.0.0 the issue still remains the same.

Same problem since forever and still in  V0.7.0.
I have a QUERTZ keyboard and whenever I set "rotate left" from Z to Y, it doesnt save it for the next session.
No workaround is working for me.

Edited by Shabazza

2 hours ago, Shabazza said:

Same problem since forever and still in  V0.7.0.
I have a QUERTZ keyboard and whenever I set "rotate left" from Z to Y, it doesnt save it for the next session.
No workaround is working for me.

je ne sais pas chez vous, mais en français il y a un soucis avec la décimale des nombre, c'est un . en anglais et une , en français. il m'a suffit je modifier ça dans le fichier 0,5 en 0.5 par exemple

Beautified translation:

I do not know about your problem, but in French, there is a problem with the decimal number.
It's a "." in english and a "," in French. It was enough for me to modify it in the config file from 0,5 to 0.5 for example.

Well, thanks, but the button mapping has no decimals. And the other options are just following the ini-file standard.
The value behind a key can be anything, basically. And the game should be able to read what it once had written.
So sadly, I can't solve that problem with this knowledge.

Edited by Shabazza