Vic1970

0.6.5.0 - Steam - Cannot interact (hold E is not detected) except for Habitat

Summary:

Description: 
Cannot interact (use or enter) rovers or seats, game does not detect key hold.  Holding E (default press for terrain tool, hold for use or enter)  just toggles the terrain tool even when hovering cursor over seats. The hold-E only functions when hovering cursor over habitat or when astroneer is in habitat. 

Habitat entry and exit still works.

[possibly unrelated] Camera when in habitat now goes to an odd POV, clipping through the terrain below the habitat. zooming and panning no longer work

Have tried restart, reload. No change.  

Platform:
Steam

Version / Build Number: 
steam current content buildID 2604607

Specifications:

• CPU: Intel i7-7700K 4.20Ghz
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080, 8192 MB GDDR 5X
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Drive: Seagate 2TB ST2000DM006-2DM164

Astro.log

AUTOSAVE_0_2018.03.20-11.06.28.sav

I'm running into the same thing.  I also cannot interact with anything on platforms.  Including picking them up and moving them and using the devices on them.  Restarting helps but it usually ends up going back to being useless. 

I have started having this issue too.

When I am not within the proximity of my base I am actually able to drop objects off of my backpack.

I am able to also walk through base objects and also am able to push my rover around by running into it.

I have the same bug, seems to affect every item. There are areas on my planet which aren't affected, and it seems as though my planet is sliced in half right through the habitat. One side perfectly fine and the other one not. It also only affects me(the host) in my multiplayer game. Posted a topic about it on Sunday and later made a small video showing the bug on the line between a working area and a bugged one. Have not seen any response from the devs anywhere yet. Still hoping for a fix though.

That's an interesting observation. I'll do a little more testing, see if geography is a factor in my game.  My bug is not 100% consistent, I have managed to get into a rover once, but not sure if it was the position of the vehicle or not.

I agree with your last comment, I'm not seeing a lot of (any) response from the devs on this. Looking at the number of reports, you would hope that they could at least acknowledge and investigate.

Tested a bit more. 

I think I've found a key detail.  

When I hover my mouse over the seat on the rover, and get the  E Enter tooltip, 

it will  WORK CORRECTLY IFF the cursor is above the planet's horizon.

it will MISINTERPRET hold-e as press-e and toggle the terrain tool IFF the cursor is below the planet's horizon.

For PC Alt + Left click to enter Rovers & Habitat from me works 100% of the time and stopped the random unable to select almost everything issue

Can you see anything under the habitat as that will cause the POV to go nuts when you get in
i.e. if you drop a small deployable when looking above horizon it will appear in the center of the Habitat  (When I reported it I thought it was just the turbine not an angle issue)

20180321225525_1.thumb.jpg.1647864f6f1e702266c7560004a5d136.jpg

@CuriousCabbit your suggestion with the POV issue worked - a missing worklight was under the habitat. Thanks!   Also, as you suggest the alt-Lclick seems to work even in circumstances where hold-e is bugged.  This is a great work-around for PC users until the devs iron this out.

Thanks for your help!