finding random abandoned structures would add a nice look to the game.

sometimes randomly generated bases will apear in caves, on mountains or at other places, including tethers and (rarely) rovers or a unknown kept somewhere or some resources around

This makes sense to the lore of the game also would be cool in my option and maybe the parts while damaged can be put in a SALVAGE MACHINE WHICH I HAVE WANTED FOREVER NOW, but anyways you put it in the salvage machine and you would get like 3/4 of the resources to build it back

Maybe it will be this way.

My idea was only leaving a few randomly generated "player created" bases and structures. Imagine how fun will it be at the start, walking around and just finding a rover or a medium solar panel.

This actually makes sense to the lore as well but i think they should be like heavily damaged and have to be salvaged in a salvage machine

Maybe the bases could be partially drifted over with terrain to simulate time passing without maintenance from the lost Astroneer. Would you be able to harvest to platformed base modules from the abandoned base? Would they even look like our own bases?

Well this is more a question of design.

I really like the partially covered by terrain idea, like the solar array (i found 1 in my whole astroneer history (since the very start of the pre alpha) and i didn't get to research a winch before the game upadated) but maybe we will have some tier 2 modules like storages and more specificly rovers.

Rovers will be found in holes in the ground, fallen into caves and more, due to commonly losing it in this case.

Here’s my idea you can find broken or repairable things threw out the world and you can repair if thats not a option due to damage research it and gain a research fragment reducing cost of researching the item (get enough fragments and you get whole thing), or throwing it in a salvage machine if its just mangled beyond recognition

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:35 PM, valevma said:

A salvage machine that recycles the disconnected pieces of crashed ships into metal recources?

or use damaged and wreaked satilites to research a space station!

14 hours ago, Aaron_Brimfrost said:

or use damaged and wreaked satilites to research a space station!

You would have to either have a customly made machine for researching the entire thing (less likely) or a machine to break pieces off and research those (more likely) 

I prefer the giant research station

On 3/20/2018 at 1:05 PM, Rebelord said:

This makes sense to the lore of the game also would be cool in my option and maybe the parts while damaged can be put in a SALVAGE MACHINE WHICH I HAVE WANTED FOREVER NOW, but anyways you put it in the salvage machine and you would get like 3/4 of the resources to build it back

this game has lore?

7 hours ago, Rebelord said:

You would have to either have a customly made machine for researching the entire thing (less likely) or a machine to break pieces off and research those (more likely) 

I prefer the giant research station

Don't the satellite wreaks already come in pieces because they sure do in my world but I can't pick them up so my idea was using those pieces to research the space station.

While they are pieces there kinda too big to move considering there the size of a small house usually