are you still there?

BUGGED OUT SAVE, CANNOT INTERACT WITH ANYTHING!!! LITERALLY UNPLAYBLE!!!

- Sorry for the all caps but this irritating bug is striking everyone's game and it's unpredictable! It can happens as soon as 10-20 mins into the game or as late as 10hrs! From what I've read from around the Internet recently AND personal experience, this bug have only appears after the 0.6.5.0 Update.

- Players cannot interact with anything in the save other than altering the terrain, some said (that includes me) areas around their Habitat is remained un-bugged out and can still interact with everything in said zone, but upon stepping into the bugged zone, everything includes the area around the Habitat which isn't bugged, will become un-interactable!

Here are some of the bug demonstrating video I found while looking into this issue.

- When I asked my friend to join my bugged game, he can still interact with things whether if he's in the bugged area or not, in other words - It's completely fine on his side! Which I suspect the bug is client side (if that's even a thing - 'cause technically my side become a server when my friend joins in)

- Also the physics in the bugged area also becomes weird too, when ever I'm in the zone with my rover can be easily be pushed around just by walking into it and structures in there has no clipping what so ever so you can just walk into it!

my friend, I have the same exact problem with you. played it last friday (march 16th) and it's still like that. it sure is frustrating because you can't do anything with the game. you can gather resources but you can put it to use because you can interact with anything in the habitat.

I got the game about a week ago put about 30 hours into it and I've had to make 4 different worlds because this bug happens every single time! i really enjoy this game but im going to have to not play it anymore until this is fixed its absolutely outrageous... for me it happens in the late game as im getting ready to go to other planets.

My disappointment is immeasurable, and my week is ruined.

the buildings still behave normally when i go near them... i suppose its like the hitboxes in csgo or rs6 which glitch out. the "use space" of the buildings glitch out... i can only move my batterie at a certain angle (the 1 video)

On 3/19/2018 at 3:25 AM, ParagonGoose said:

I got the game about a week ago put about 30 hours into it and I've had to make 4 different worlds because this bug happens every single time! i really enjoy this game but im going to have to not play it anymore until this is fixed its absolutely outrageous... for me it happens in the late game as im getting ready to go to other planets.

My disappointment is immeasurable, and my week is ruined.

The game is in alpha. There is a disclaimer at the start of the game that says its still being developed.

With a lot of updates, none of the saves are transferable to the next patch.
Ive had the game for several months, and I have 670hours put into it where Ive made several hundred worlds.
I expect none of them to be playable when the next update hits.

None of this is outrageous, it's an alpha game with frequent patches.

35 minutes ago, MadHatt597 said:

The game is in alpha. There is a disclaimer at the start of the game that says its still being developed.

With a lot of updates, none of the saves are transferable to the next patch.
Ive had the game for several months, and I have 670hours put into it where Ive made several hundred worlds.
I expect none of them to be playable when the next update hits.

None of this is outrageous, it's an alpha game with frequent patches.

Maybe i was being to serious i was making a joke. i actually really like the game lol but the bug is a ploblem.
i thought the last sentence would give it away because its a bad meme.
as seen here.

Edited by ParagonGoose

There is another thread where someone was describing the issue which you recorded very well with your youtube video.  You shouldn't be able to run through your platforms like that.  Looks like some sort of boundary recognition problem.  Or your character has come into the game as a ghost and you have no earthly body. 

firstly, I'm on PC/Steam, I have a powerful computer and updated drivers etc

This has happened to me as well. But for me only half my base is affected. It's as if there's an invisible border running right thru the middle of my base, and everything on one side is unselectable/unusable and I run right thru it (As if all that stuff is rendered but it isn't actually in the world). Also, several objects that are right on the border are only half-selectable (as in only one side of the objects can be selected). Like the above posts, it only happened after I sunk a considerable amount of hours into my save.... I can't think of anything I might've done right before this happened that would've caused this.

here's an example:

in my screenshots, you can see that I can stand on top of the right side of this platform, but I fall right thru the middle (that's where the border is). this is consistent along this invisible line.

i hope this gets fixed fast cuz I really love this game and I think the latest update has a lot of cool additions to the game. 

20180321145406_1.jpg

20180321145415_1.jpg

10 hours ago, Noobmaster 64 ☣ said:

guys... how to get this to front page again?

Go to the top of the page. You'll see links there as "breadcrumbs". Will take you backwards to the main site, top thread of this forum, etc.

I too, unfortunately, is getting hit by this bug pretty badly.

I hope they'll be able to fix this by the next patch.

Ive found (sort of) a temporary fix for this issue.

Not sure if each of these steps are necessary, but this is what I did. I abandoned my original (bugged) base and made a new one. But more specifically I made a new base on the side of the planet that isn't bugged: 

I traced my invisible border (from above post) all the way to the north pole. It seems like half the planet is bugged while the other hemisphere is fine (for now). So I built a base in the not bugged side, and it's been working fine so far.

Can anyone else confirm that this works indefinitely? I keep thinking my new base(s) will eventually kill themselves like the original one... 

Hope this helps someone.

i recommend that you stick with this forum for a higher chance of a fix:

Theres a moderator thats hopefully still researching about this in this discussion