Sign in to follow this  
Azelous

Additional Platforms and Storage are Questionable

Automation in this game seems centered around using Medium Storage to accomplish the moving of objects quickly and efficiently. This heavily affects my following opinions:

Large and Medium Platform B are useless in regards to automation. I'll give them a pass because they're an efficient way to hold Medium Batteries, Solar Panels, and Fuel Condensers since none of them effectively use inventory.

Extra Large Platform has two quadruple ports, making it the only platform to hold two Large Storage or an Extra Large Storage. As it stands now, if the point is to use two structures on top of it, it has no usage in regards to automation. There is however potential if you attach one Large Storage and your choice of structure.

Extra Large Storage.... I'm not sure how this thing is effective. With 31 single ports, it is an early game dream... except it's an end game storage. Not only this, two Large Storage with Medium Storage hold more than twice the amount of the Extra Large storage. Unless automation in regards to storage is expecting changes, I'd have to say this is useless in end game.

Large Platform C seemed amazing when I first saw it, however on close inspection the two columns of double ports turned out to be single ports. If you put a structure onto this, any resources you want to attach on the sides have to be hand placed, which does not beget automation at all and therefore will not be used by me.

My only complaint with Platform D is that it doesn't display the Medium Storage flat. Looking at Medium Storage and being able to see its entire inventory from one angle is quite appreciable and I will be looking forward to a platform that can hold more than two Medium Storage this way.

Posted (edited)

hmm.. i like the platform D, with the angle, i put it behind other structures and i like the display it give . maybe a choice for the angle when we print it :P !

the extra large is questionable , ok good capacity but single port, or no automation possible err..  i dont use it except for the look of a big bunch of small solar array :D !!  still not so bad when you look at it lolll

the platform with 2 structure on it.. i only see one use.. for research.  as its not automated at all lolll... other else, its useless to my opinion, but the idea is great :D.. maybe a double port for automation! or 2 :$

i think same about the C, i only see one use for it !

my big question is the ressource cost... smaller A B have same cost but different size..ect..  need balance!  or like i see on an other post, you can start with the center and add sides after with a little extra cost of ressources, this way, i could see so many use for it.   platform customization is the best thing you can do :D..  it can also give more job for the small fabricator :) 

Edited by SammyTheRat

I love Large Platform D so far.  The only change I would make to it would be turn the Medium Storage 90 degrees when they're on it (so you see them from the side and it's all visible).  Otherwise it's perfect for storage, especially for Research, right next to research stations.

i agree platform customization would be helpful, and i have an idea how to improve it; making 3 different types of basic platforms, which you can add different extensions to.

for example, you would start with the medium platform, and could add the 2 slots extension for each side, or adding for a few more resources, the platform C extension.

you could also start with a "storage" platform, which will be with 4 single slots (basically like large storage, but with 2 for a side and a platform), and could be upgraded to a bigger length or 1 directional and any other combination that would be ending up as the large platform D or something like it. its reminding me if diep.io. so many upgrades but quite differently.