Kzane

Exiting Vehicle Problems

Greetings!

After hearing about the new 0.6.5 patch, I created a new world to give the new things a try. I crafted a large rover with a one-seater. However when I exit, it sends the rover flying into the air. After testing it a few more times, I realized it was my character that was in the way (it exited in front of the rover, not the side), causing tension between the character and the rover-- which made the rover launch into the air. This happened often around fully flat ground, but not too much on uneven terrain.

I gotta say, it was quite entertaining to watch the rover fly across the base and do beautiful backflips. It did eventually get frustrating when I wanted to park the rover in a certain place.

- Kzane

Agree, I have played this since the start and this is for me worst ever. I have not been really bothered with the other vehicle problems (except dyeing when exit in an earlier release). This is the most hopeless big rover /truck ever. Tried making a 3 seat to see if that cured the problem and it does to a point. But the 3 seat in nearly impossible to get in to. It shows the E for enter but all it does is bring out the excavator. And you can’t remove it !!!

Win 10, Steam

Edited by Capt_Harpoon

Yeah, I had the same problem too. I was trying to park my rover to connect to another large rover. I would exit, then the character would do the 
"HULK" throwing the rover about 3-4 rover lengths away. It must be their  frustration about being encased in stone to your waist. Need to use jump to get clear, after launching the rover. It was very frustrating to get  the large rover out of a hole, it was thrown into.

I had a game breaking experience due to this - very unhappy with what I lost from the rovers - I would def consider this a game breaking issue. Very angry this happened, never had this before this patch.

I am just going to copy over my post from the steam bug report forum - 

Since the changes of the rovers in last patch. I have been having a lot of issues with them. I was ok with them glitching out with their tires "stretching" but when this happened.. oh its a game breaker - i lost so much stuff!

I was in a cave with my large rovers (train of 2). I got out to clear some stuff away. When I got back in... I went into the abyss.

Pictures - 
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1335276289

Thats me flying through the ground with the rovers tires stretching everywhere. I got out, and auto-floated back to the ground. But my rover .. never came back.

Pictures - 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1335276086

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1335276184

It happened because my rovers were auto-flipping when I got out or just going crazy. 

Edited by neal121

On 3/18/2018 at 8:54 AM, Capt_Harpoon said:

Tried making a 3 seat to see if that cured the problem and it does to a point. But the 3 seat in nearly impossible to get in to. It shows the E for enter but all it does is bring out the excavator. And you can’t remove it !!!

I have the problem with entering with the one-seat too, but removing it and replacing it fixes the problem. Too bad the 3 seat can't be removed.

If you place the seat on the front of the rover (yes it looks funny) this seems to solve the rover flipping issues.  This isnt a long term fix but does help reduce issues for playing until a fix comes out

Every time I am afraid when I leave the rover, I feel that I'm out there again. A figure like a torpedo jumps out of the seat, it seems to me that the single seat mounted in the front slot is the most secure at the moment but anyway something like in the picture, the rover flew into the air and stuck in the ceiling of the tunnel.

Ja za każdym razem boje się wychodząc z łazika, że znowu się gdzieś wbija. Postać jak z torpedy wyskakuje z siedziska, wydaje mi się, że pojedyncze siedzisko zamontowane w slocie przednim jest w tej chwili najbardziej bezpieczne ale i tak zdarza się coś takiego jak na obrazku, łazik wystrzelił w powietrze i wbił się w strop tunelu.

wysiadaniezlazika.thumb.jpg.fd7d77dcab870ff2d01a7d6bdf758222.jpg

It seems the new 0.6.8 update has fixed it a bit. There was only once the rover flew back when I exited, but the other times it was fine. Thank you Devs <3

It is no problem when you have it on ceiling. More problematic is when your rover sink underground to the nearest tunnel. 

Quite often when i'm getting out of the rover it puts my Astroneer half under ground. Can't move. Need to jump to get to top layer of ground. This happens generally with big rover.