aram535

119 - Steam - Truck becomes unenterable

Summary:
119 - Steam - Truck becomes undrivable

Description: 
If you add the square podka dot ball to the "front" of the truck, you can no longer enter the truck... Holding E doesn't do anything, not even the circle-timer around the E visually.  Weirdness level 2 - you cannot add the balls to the right attachment points in front of the truck, only the left side.

Platform:
Steam / XBox One / Windows 10 Store

Version / Build Number: 

Capture.PNG

Normally yes, removing the seat and putting it back on fixes the problem of Holding E not working, but with the ball, it seems to break the Enter every time as soon as you put it on and fixes as soon as you take the ball off.

Best workaround we found so far is opening the backpack, unplug and plug back an item. Then pretty much everything player-interaction related works again; entering seats, controlling fabricators, etc.

I have the same bug, I can't use the rover at all after I carried some research on the front.  I tried the fix above where I opened my backpack, took items out and put them back, but nothing has worked.  I have also tried:

- remove everything from rover, exit game completely and put seat back on rover
- run a power line via extenders to the rover, exit game completely
- remove everything from backpack AND rover, exit game completely
- put items on rover so seat is forced into a new position, exit game completely
- restart computer now because I'm out of ideas
- build a new open 1 seat and put it on the rover... exit game completely

Looks like I'll be walking for now!

Playing via Steam on Windows 10

i dont know if this works, but try to use ALT+Click to enter your vic. Ive had this issue too, but learned this to combat it. it hasn't come again since learning this trick, so I haven't tested it myself yet. good luck!