Ricchi_Walker

0.6.2 - Steam - Nothing is interactable/game engine broke

0.6.5 - Steam - Nothing is interactable/game engine broke

I was casually playing from fresh start, and after making two platforms to make some bytes, they both started to refuse to my cursor, when i wanted to plug out the cables and connect the platforms. after fe more seconds i was unable to interact with anything in game. After a restart i've moved one platform and accidentally put it ontop of another one, then they merged into one, freezed, and i can walk thrugh them. I can't still interact with nothing in my base.

Also one of the unknowns i've gathered started to act weird, started to clip through me and had a seizure other times.

Steam

• OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit x64 | 1709 | Build 14393.693
  • CPU: Intel i7-6700K 4GHz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 16GB
  • RAM: 16 GB (DIMM DDR4, 2400 MHz)
  • Drive: ADATA SP550 250GB

20180317091721_1.jpg

SAME issue with me at times 
it is as if i have clipping mode on my mouse and i can walk through other items sometimes like this
also i can not interact with anything but my vacuum 

I will upload my screenshots when i am able to find them but this game save is not unplayable at the moment 

Same problem here. I can no longer play my game after putting 4+ hours with a friend yesterday. I cannot interact with anything once I leave the main base you spawn with. Only thing that works is my terrain tool.

I also have this issue, but its only within an area. once I walk out of that area, I can interact again. it happens to be halfway through my base.

The issue started when I crafted a work light while standing in my base. Recently, I was exploring a cave when I came across a dead astroneer. I built a very large land bridge to get to him (so lots of terrain deformation/formation). I had recently made a vehicle before that and it was in the cave, away from my base when the issue started.

while standing outside the "disabled area", I could interact with objects in the area and move them or use them (i.e. smelter).

all terrain was still formable in and out of the area. I was no longer able to "grab" objects but I could lay tethers, just not pick them up. aggressive plants no longer attacked (gassers or the white spiker things). when I dug under objects, they would behave normally (fall) and plants would pop or vanish as appropriate. 

exited to menu, returned to game: issue persisted.

exited to desktop, returned to game: issue persisted. 

Steam

• CPU: AMD FX 8320 Eight Core 3.5 GHz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
  • RAM: 16 GB (DIMM DDR3, 1800 MHz)
  • Storage: Samsung SSD 850 Evo 500Gb

just have the same issue now, the weird thing is that I can interact with some of the medium size storage and the items on top of it. other items and the backpack are nonworking.

I sometimes had this before, but I could always fix it by reopening the catalog or some other interface from the research, then press escape to bring up the menu. Now it's stuck forever.

I don't know if a savegame will help.

SaveGames.zip

..also the platforms you see are all non interactable, you can't unplug the power. Some are functional, they have medium platforms on them

image.thumb.png.ae09404cb8085b22e3a72ab9d27b2560.pngthe pl

update:
Somebody on discord told me what they were doing before it happened and I got a similar experience, namely exiting a vehicle a large distance away from the base
in my case:
- was exploring caves with my rover
- when exiting, I didn't see my base' waypoint
- exited my rover, climbed a mountain to spot the area from above, so I could see the waypoint
- i died shile running down the mountain
- As I arrived to the base I started to experience the problems

I have also been having this problem. It only started to happen once I finally build a rover and explored pretty far from my main base. It seems that about half of my base I can run through and can interact with unless I move my camera angle to the same level as the ground. I feel like it might be a problem with exiting your rover at a far distance from your base as CosmicD was saying.

I am also experiencing this issue. I'm playing on PC through Steam, and since the new update, item selection is....well...selective.

The non-selection seems to be random; sometimes I can pick up objects or select them from my backpack, and sometimes I can't. The only things that seem to be constant are that I can't place research objects in the research platforms, interact with my rovers, or interact with the backpacks of dead astronauts. (Also cannot interact with my zebra ball most of the time!!!!)

Additionally when I am unable to normally interact with an object, I can run at it and basically punt it quite some distance. This happened with the dead astronaut whose backpack I was trying to select - poor buddy's body flew across the whole cave when I ran into it. I can also punt my rover. Not sure if this is from the patch, but because of it, I can move research objects a long way just by running directly at them.

I have had the same issue as well. So far the only way to play again is to start a new save.  The save game is corrupt. Can no longer interact with anything.  

(Steam, Mouse/keyboard, 0.6.5, multiplayer as host.)
I can not interact with anything in some areas. the only thing I can do is modify the terrain

I originally posted this  as a response to another post so I apologize for it being messy and or written with poor english.
------

I have the same issue. I am the host of a multiplayer game and the other players are fine. The derelict ship/ solar panel we found was successfully connected to a base for about a day before this issue appeared. However the rover was never directly connected to it. 
I have found some clues:
1:
-I can enter the start habitat (this is the only thing I can enter) and if I walk into it i can pass right through it like it isn't even there (this applies to every stationary structure or object.)

2:
-I can examine the landing pad next to the habitat. If i do this I can actually interact with things in my inventory and create things until i close it again. If I try to reopen my inventory without first examining the landing pad it immediately closes if I try to interact with it.
-It doesn't seem to be a time limit between examining and opening the inventory, but if I move before opening the inventory it is bugged again
-I can enter vehicles adjacent to the pad if I examine the pad ( do not move) and immediately enter the vehicle. when I exit the vehicle it is bugged again.

when sitting in a seat on a vehicle piloted by another player I noticed some tearing in the ground (one "block" was slightly above all the others). But I don't know if this is related to the main bug.
hope this might give a clue as to what is wrong. 

-UPDATE-
it seems the bug is contained to certain areas as I can find a "line". on one side I can do everything just fine. and on the other I can not do anything. I tried driving a vehicle from the working side to the bugged and once i exited it I couldn't enter it again. However I could push it (just by running into it) back over to the working side and this made it possible to again enter and exit it normally again. 

I tried placing tethers in a line from the working to the non working side. I can interact with the ones on the working side just fine however the ones on the non working side does not even get the ring around it when moused over. If I try clicking it nothing happens. I got the other players to move the entire base to the working side which makes the game somewhat playable for me (the host).  But only within certain areas. 
It seems some "chunks" are broken and some are not. in those chunks nothing but the terrain tool and pointing works. I suspect it might be related to dead bodies? It seems every chunk with a body on/near it is broken.

Edited by Warpface

Steam

• CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
  • RAM: 16 GB (DDR4, 2400 (1200MHz)
  • Storage: HGST Travelstar 7K1000 1TB 

Also getting the same issue. 12 hours in on current version. I never bothered building the large rover as I was exploring other planets. Medium rover was sufficient for zipping around.. when I finally built a large rover and attached it to my train everything was fine until I exited the vehicle about 2 minutes run away from base. From then on I could no longer interact with the vehicle and the whole train could be pushed. I pushed it back to base and found I can interact with vehicle when close base but cant when a short distance away.

also for the large one
1. any time i leave it it launches the rover into the air 

2 when i exit the seat i am pushed up a few feet in the small rover 
3 leaving the seat not connected to anything i am pushed up then fall

UPDATE: I have the same issue as Warpface - my game also has a "line" through my base where I can interact everything on one side, and nothing on the other. I've compensated by building another base on the working side.

Again to back up Warpface, the interaction ability seems to stop working in "chunks," which I've encountered only around dead bodies so far. Any object dropped near those bodies has no interaction option.

i have again run into the issue, but this time, there is no vehicle. there is a habitat in a cave well below my main base.