I wanted to share some feedback based on a few hours of playing the latest update, namely to see if I'm the only one seeing these or not and to make sure they're reported.

1. Entering rovers, especially the large, is very difficult. I press and hold the e key and typically the terrain tool will open instead of entering the vehicle. It's tough finding the correct spot to enter.

2. I created the research module, placed it on to a large rover and then tried to research items, nothing would slot into the research module so it appears to not be working.

3. Research objects are being found floating randomly in caves, typically in groups.

4. The large rover disappears or flashes when turning your head away from the rover. The starting platform, where the small fabricator gets dropped does the same thing.

I couldn't use my trucks because every time I got out it would fling itself somewhere, so I thought I'd use my rover. I'm out in no-mans-land and the rover is bucking like a bronco! I can't get back into it. Also found something to research but can't pick it up; I can only point at it. This is VERY f of the rover disappearrustrating.

1. Large trucks fling themselves when you exit.

2. Can't pick up[ research items

3. Items attached to the front of the rover disappear when a power point is attached to the connector.

Edited by tcrom3

I've run into some of these same issues.

1. Exiting my large rover causes it to freak out.

2. I reloaded the game and now my large rover no longer works at all. I can't drive it. It just bucks around and only stops once it's crashed into my base and locks up.

3. The directional power indication can freak out and looks like it's glitching. It also appears at different speeds depending on your camera angle.

4 hours ago, tcrom3 said:

I couldn't use my trucks because every time I got out it would fling itself somewhere, so I thought I'd use my rover. I'm out in no-mans-land and the rover is bucking like a bronco! I can't get back into it. Also found something to research but can't pick it up; I can only point at it. This is VERY f of the rover disappearrustrating.

1. Large trucks fling themselves when you exit.

2. Can't pick up[ research items

3. Items attached to the front of the rover disappear when a power point is attached to the connector.

Are these saved games or new games since the update?

3. Items on the back of the rover (or front) get flipped inside, or ejected when you connect power to the rover. I believe this by design.

I can confirm all of these problems. Most seem to be throw backs to similar issues in previous updates. However I found the grouping of research objects in the caves quite useful. :D

Using large rover - flips/rotates quickly whenever exiting the rover. When the camera is high above and centered, it is the worst. When the camera is set near ground level close to the cab, the flipping/movement is minimal.Nearly non-usable

Floating research items - just like resources/rovers in the previous builds. They drop (stop floating) when close or attempting to grab. So far they only seem to float a limited distance from the ground.

LargeRover.mp4

@SES_Adam @SES_joe I can confirm all of these issues are on Xbox as well. I would like to add that interactive objects are a pain in the ass to use on Xbox. Your Astroneer could be practically making out with whatever you're trying to use/turn on/enter, and will instead just whip out his terrain tool. This is so aggravating! Please hot fix! 

One more thing... I often have the same problem with Inspect interactions. Most of the time, I'll just open up the research catalog instead of inspecting the thing that I'm trying to. 

I'm experiencing the interaction issues described with vehicles, backpack, buildings, & objects depending on how far I am from my base and the direction I am looking. Game-Breaking.  This is a new save.

I am also expierencing flipping vehicles, research station not working, also started from scratch after the update. it really makes them unusable.
Also the entering of said vehicles and the main building seems to not be working, using alt plus left click does not work for me either.