There needs to be a suicide mechanic in case of bugs like the one I am experiencing now. I am stuck in the base, and it could easily be resolved. Now I have to start a new game.

I'm to be less rude as per request....

However why do you even remotely think a suicide mechanic could fix your frickin game???

If anything it will cause more problems than it would fix....

And the game its self can get idk flagd for mature content such as suicide....

Although what you ment was that you wanted a reset button or a forced respawn button, but again it will cause more glitches not solve them.... And if the game runs smoothly what point is there for a reset button?

Although I agree that right now it sounds useful to the game, I promise that it isn't....

And will never ever have a place in any game aside from horror games... I mean really? I'd like to know why you thought saying suicide mechanic, the title should tell you why this is all wrong...

Your requesting a Forced Respawn Button,

(This is a violence free zone)

(Aside from those annoying grey mushrooms with red spots)

"I need to be nicer per request"

Rants.

Looks like your working reaaaally hard on being nicer...

To OP: forced respawn is a feature that is just going to get more games in trouble than it saves. Sorry you had to start a new game,  but this IS still in beta, and you see at least two notifications of buggyness while loading into your game.

This is actually not an uncommon suggestion and does make sense, since there's still the "getting stuck in habitat" bug and some other bugs that essentially break your save, simply because your Astroneer can neither die nor move anymore. Whether your want to phrase it "suicide button", "forced respawn" or just "give up" is more a matter of taste. Even "suicide mechanic" doesn't imply too much since everyone knows that the game is rated for all ages.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Lucalian said:

I'm to be less rude as per request....

However why do you even remotely think a suicide mechanic could fix your frickin game???

If anything it will cause more problems than it would fix....

And the game its self can get idk flagd for mature content such as suicide....

Although what you ment was that you wanted a reset button or a forced respawn button, but again it will cause more glitches not solve them.... And if the game runs smoothly what point is there for a reset button?

Although I agree that right now it sounds useful to the game, I promise that it isn't....

And will never ever have a place in any game aside from horror games... I mean really? I'd like to know why you thought saying suicide mechanic, the title should tell you why this is all wrong...

Your requesting a Forced Respawn Button,

(This is a violence free zone)

(Aside from those annoying grey mushrooms with red spots)

He said suicide to simplify his point.  Stop being so snowflakes.   You'd want(being very careful how I say it) a forced respawn for no other reason than allowing you to protect your progress.   Rather than having to trash your world because you couldnt escape a glitch.  This wouldn't have to be in the game after the glitches are corrected and the game is further refined

Edited by KEVIN H

E sorry that was more of a joke.... The rant that is, 

Guess its better to just shorten it to,

You mean reset button?

I was trying to be less rude BTW...

•~• I even made a joke about the violence free...

Its just bad humor I guess, or your all just soft,

I mean lord

Should I just try not to be funny?

Per haps there could just be a I’m stuck button that u can hit in the pause menu that takes a couple seconds to activate and teleports you in front of your hab (the delay is so people wont just use it to escape suffocation

Posted (edited)

What's about an unstuck chat command?  Would this even be possible?

I just realize that this would be difficult for xboxlers... oops

Edited by Forgetaboutme

Posted (edited)

The idea has merit, IMO. I would think that your character would not drop a body and backpack, and that you would just lose the contents of your backpack. This would take care of any exploits that I can think of, or least ones that you could not accomplish by running yourself out of oxygen. 

EDIT: Just to add, that the mechanic should not save the game before respawning the character. In this way, you would also lose any unsaved progress. The reason being to help prevent exploiting the feature for evil.

Edited by GreenBeing

That's not bad, and would be a good way to reset the glitch or what every happened, but as I said that is the only reason to have a reset button... To fix the game when it crashes..... However, its also why you really don't need it, because unless glitches exist in the end game, you won't need a reset button,

Reset buttons are an excuse to skip over minor fixes/patches that could be fixed.... That's applied to all games.....