SES_joe

Update 0.6.5 - March 15th, 2018

Well it's not so bad... you do not lose any experience. You can claim your gear back in a few minutes, you have unlimited number of astroneers....

We can live with it...  

19 hours ago, termos22 said:

Well it's not so bad... you do not lose any experience. You can claim your gear back in a few minutes, you have unlimited number of astroneers....

We can live with it...  

Yeah this game teaches us Zen. Its the most relaxing and serene survival game i ever played

Posted (edited)

survival game

OMG, what have you done?! ? 

The Touch of Grey Gamer is expected to storm in raging coldly any minute now, triggered by the mention of survival...?

Only joking of course.

Edited by Bushmills

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:30 PM, ramalamafizzfaj said:

Yeah this game teaches us Zen. Its the most relaxing and serene survival game i ever played

What I feel, is that is 1 part survival, 1 part adventure, 1 part exploration, 1 part sandbox, 1 part puzzle and 1 part me.  Yeah, I'm the little guy in the suit. :)  That's why it's so relaxing.  It doesn't hard push on any one genre, but rather pulls a lot of many in just enough amounts to make a game worth play, and replay again and again.

On 4/28/2018 at 6:30 AM, ramalamafizzfaj said:

Same here. The game has helped with anxiety for me. Its very relaxing. I like exploring barren because there are no storms :)

Rovers are still for the most part unusable. Too slow compared to their previous versions, and the smaller rovers suck up way too much power.

Large rovers, two or more, are incredibly too slow or unable to climb over hills. They use to, but now their torque sucks. It does. I love everything else about this update. However the unnecessary nerf to vehicles, intentional or not, has killed this game's fun for me. I will be looking else where to spend my time and check back every month to see if we have allowed Large Rovers the ability to climb a hill with two or more in a train.

No sense in supporting the nomadic playstyle if you can't go anywhere annway. The previous vehicles were more supportive of mobile base designs than this patch is 100%. My intention is not to be rude, but it's to let you know how some people are gonna feel this patch.

On 4/28/2018 at 12:30 AM, ramalamafizzfaj said:

Zen? You mean "What is the sound of one rover trying to escape from a hole in the ground?"

On 5/1/2018 at 12:14 AM, Devan Reisig said:

Rovers are still for the most part unusable. Too slow compared to their previous versions, and the smaller rovers suck up way too much power.

Large rovers, two or more, are incredibly too slow or unable to climb over hills. They use to, but now their torque sucks. It does. I love everything else about this update. However the unnecessary nerf to vehicles, intentional or not, has killed this game's fun for me. I will be looking else where to spend my time and check back every month to see if we have allowed Large Rovers the ability to climb a hill with two or more in a train.

No sense in supporting the nomadic playstyle if you can't go anywhere annway. The previous vehicles were more supportive of mobile base designs than this patch is 100%. My intention is not to be rude, but it's to let you know how some people are gonna feel this patch.

I gotta agree with this.  LOOOOVE this game, its amazing, you can play for hours and hours and hours just exploring and having a blast, but the vehicles are just nearly useless. They flip too easy, get stuck too easy, run out of power all the time, it does not matter how many batteries, wind turbines, solar panels(why when your spend 99% of your time underground) you dump on these things they are just a pain in the arse to use. Id rather just hoof it with tethers. Speaking of tethers my last game starting freezing when I put tethers down. Maybe having too many is thing?

Great job so far, but yes please for the love of god fix vehicles. They are supposed to make things easier, not be such a pain.