SES_joe

Update 0.6.5 - March 15th, 2018

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, mumbles mumbles said:

what is directional steering ? explain please, cause I'm pretty sure I can steer in different directions now lol? just looking for clairification please

Using wsad as controls rather than the camera, so you can look around as you drive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant use the mineral extractor or printing thing? it doesnt show up with the E buttonaanymore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/04/2018 at 7:38 PM, Blind Io said:

Using wsad as controls rather than the camera, so you can look around as you drive. 

I'm on xbox and I can look around when driving, I drive and steer with left stick, and look around with right stick..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mumbles mumbles said:

I'm on xbox and I can look around when driving, I drive and steer with left stick, and look around with right stick..

Me too, buddy. Many vocal PC players have an issue with the current method, which they understandably find tricky. You asked for clarification... Was it not clear that wsad controls wouldn't be for Xbox?! There's over a million owners on Steam, and more who use Windows 10 so it's a frequently requested feature. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/04/2018 at 8:19 AM, mumbles mumbles said:

I'm on xbox and I can look around when driving, I drive and steer with left stick, and look around with right stick..

So if you drive forward,  and look behind you, what happens...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know why this keeps happening periodically. At least the whole rig didn't disappear down into a cavern.

ASTRONEER (Game Preview)  4_12_2018 4_29_32 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, pbartbar said:

Don't know why this keeps happening periodically. At least the whole rig didn't disappear down into a cavern.

ASTRONEER (Game Preview)  4_12_2018 4_29_32 PM.png

Is there a worklight on the rear end? They are quite heavy when you first start... and you pick them up and put them back and and it'll bounce right out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Bill Sargent said:

Is there a worklight on the rear end? They are quite heavy when you first start... and you pick them up and put them back and and it'll bounce right out. 

o.O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pbartbar said:

o.O

I swear to god its true. I've had part of my rover sunken in... picked up the light, and it bounces right out above the ground. Then you can place them back on the vehicle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/04/2018 at 10:32 PM, pbartbar said:

Don't know why this keeps happening periodically. At least the whole rig didn't disappear down into a cavern.

ASTRONEER (Game Preview)  4_12_2018 4_29_32 PM.png

This happens to me a lot, and the only thing I can conclude is that, where I Park up between saves is on ground that I placed down to cover a hole, and the rover is to heavy so it part buries it's self. 

 

It's annoying and only happened after the update that changed the rovers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The medium rovers need to be fixed; each time I get out of a single or 2 chained medium rovers, they flip in the air. I am also having issues with one random wheel of the rover will be stuck in place and pulled at a long length before going back to normal.

Edited by Toastie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Toastie said:

each time I get out of a single or 2 chained medium rovers, they flip in the air

When leaving, the player is placed below the rover and the physics repulses it!
Just put your sea in the font (not above) and it should be ok)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hirsute said:

When leaving, the player is placed below the rover and the physics repulses it!
Just put your sea in the font (not above) and it should be ok)

I'll try this out my next session, but I rather like my right hand drive rover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And it seems to me that this is not the problem of the average rover, but the chair. Getting out of the chair you appear in a place where there is room for a character. The average rover is now jumping out and getting out of the seat, which is mounted on the upper slots, the character instead of getting off the rover's wheel gets into a free space under the rover and pushes the rover. As the seat is mounted in slots at the front, this character takes place without pushing the rover

A mi się wydaje, że to nie jest problem średniego łazika, tylko fotela. Wysiadając z fotela pojawiasz się w miejscu gdzie jest miejsce na postać. Średni łazik jest teraz wyskoki i wysiadając z siedzenia, który jest zamontowany na górnych slotach postać zamiast wysiąść koło łazika trafia w wolne miejsce pod łazikiem i wypycha łazik. Jak siedzenie zamontowane jest w sloty z przodu to postać ma miejsce, nie wypychając łazika

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2018 at 8:23 PM, spinlock_1977 said:

Excepting the tone of frustration, I agree.  My fingers don't want those two things on the same key for some reason.

use Ctrl+ L Click

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm going to guess the next update will be ready when it is ready. I personally want one soon too but I also realize GDC may have put them behind or they just need additional time,  either way I am waiting patiently.

Edited by GraShropp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While it’s true the Road Map is broken into quarters, the Devs were quite clear when the game transitioned from Pre-Alpha to Alpha they were committed to adhering to a monthly update schedule. However, we all realize stuff happens. While the team did have a presence at GDC this month, I suspect they’ve been occupied with more than that which may have led to some delays (not sure they’re even delayed, because no one really knows when an update is “due” and for good reason). This thread is called “Update 0.6.5” but obviously we aren’t on version 0.6.5 we’re on 0.6.8. The team had to address a number of issues that arose with the initial update they released, including a “dead zone” bug that from the sound of it, wasn’t exactly easy to fix. Thankfully it was remedied, although the initial hotfix had problems itself (Steam users discovers small items like small solar, small organic generator, etc, would not deploy their little cart/platforms when you tried to place them on the ground, so before the hotfix even went out to Microsoft platforms another hotfix was  was quickly reworked and issued). I think the team has done an amazing job working though the issues this month especially, so I believe they certainly deserve a little slack (again, it’s not like we really have update release dates to hold them to, I'm sure they have internal declines because that’s how work gets accomplished but setting public deadlines I would argue isn’t in their best interest).

If they were to announce update release date plans, and didn’t make their dates, people would complain. Not everyone of course, but some people complain no matter what happens just to cause disruption. The world doesn’t revolve around any of us. Dealing with disgruntled people who are never happy no matter what happens in any given situation, that’s something the Devs just don’t need to deal with, especially as they try to adhere to the Road Map (it’s a very busy time). They need to focus on making the game great, not on whiny folks who may in turn generate bad PR for the game. On the other hand, let’s say they announced release dates, wanted to avoid missing the deadlines, but they realized as a deadline approached not everything would be ready. What do they do? Hypothetically speaking, they might end up rushing things and leaving other stuff out completely just for the sake of making that published deadline. Well that isn’t going to sit well with some folk either. There’d be a lot of complaints as well. Not from people like myself, I’m a patient person and I know it’s worth the wait for them to take their time and do their best the first time around. No group will catch ALL the bugs, that’s not a realistic expectation especially when they’re trying out so many new things and adding a lot of new content. The latest VLOG even mentions a bit about how new content is never fully optimized, and why. Would it be nice? Sure it would. Would it be the best use of resources? No it wouldn’t. So announcing dates for upcoming release of updates is really a no-win situation for the Devs. They’re likely to end up with unhappy folk no matter what they do, so the best thing is to release stuff when it’s ready. I’m fine with that, and I trust they’re doing their best. I enjoy the game immensely and look forward to each update. It’s always such a wonderful surprise when I see on my Xbox “Astroneer has an update” :D I know I’m going to have a lot of fun checking out the new stuff! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Shadow Echo said:

 

If they were to announce update release date plans, and didn’t make their dates, people would complain. Not everyone of course, but some people complain no matter what happens just to cause disruption. 

This has happened with a lot of major studios. They try to adhere to a strict schedule and even being behind a few days, people go nuts... You have all these little kids playing who swear off the game and never want to play again... Tons of youtubers who want to abandon it altogether. Its insane. Most of people complaining have never coded anything in their life and have no idea how hard it is to find and fix a bug. They just want what they want, and they want it yesterday. Like you, I'm excited every time I see the game has been updated. This game has a bright future and I'm enjoying just being a part of their journey. And for my part, its been well worth whatever it was I originally paid for it. I've gotten hours and hours and hours of fun out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bill Sargent said:

This game has a bright future and I'm enjoying just being a part of their journey. And for my part, its been well worth whatever it was I originally paid for it. I've gotten hours and hours and hours of fun out of it.

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just found this...there is so much I haven't seen yet!

However, I do have an issue. I love the new update that adds " Hazard Plant SFX", but can you guess how I discovered that? I also discovered that even those small mushrooms things can get you. This game sucks, when you lose an explorer needlessly, but rules in every other aspect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2018 at 11:45 AM, Bill Sargent said:

This has happened with a lot of major studios. They try to adhere to a strict schedule and even being behind a few days, people go nuts... You have all these little kids playing who swear off the game and never want to play again... Tons of youtubers who want to abandon it altogether. Its insane. Most of people complaining have never coded anything in their life and have no idea how hard it is to find and fix a bug. They just want what they want, and they want it yesterday. Like you, I'm excited every time I see the game has been updated. This game has a bright future and I'm enjoying just being a part of their journey. And for my part, its been well worth whatever it was I originally paid for it. I've gotten hours and hours and hours of fun out of it.

Well said that man! What do people want? Improvements to this awesome game or a bugged and static product? You might be right about it being "little kids" - no patience. I suppose you don't need it when everything is on demand and 24hrs-a-day. They will miss out on so much...and already have.

When I were a lad all of this was just fields...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.