SES_joe

Update 0.6.5 - March 15th, 2018

2 hours ago, Shadow Echo said:

Thanks everyone for getting the fix for the hotfix out so soon! Have a very Happy Easter Weekend! :)

I know you..... from the astroneer club.... BadgerBill77 here. :) on xbox 

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 8:39 PM, vizthex said:

But do you land on the landing pad when you respawn yet? (in Singleplayer)

Also, what else will the pad be used for?

It's got 3 slots (One for each basic module and another for pods) but will it have more uses soon? (Perhaps building our own that we can land shuttles on, the landing area being like red or something instead of blue)

I think maybe in the next update they will make it more usable. For example: being able to land on it with a shuttle / spaceship, being able to get a daily drop, making a store where you can buy things with materials or something like that.

После обновления игра сохранить и не сохраняется. Просто Билли без экономии и нет никакого способа, чтобы снова загрузить сохранение. Опять ждать нового обновления. Три мои Все места ушли.

All my saves are not loaded. Reinstall the game? Wait for a patch? Start a new game? Advise me what to do?

On ‎16‎. ‎3‎. ‎2018 at 1:32 AM, Calvin Walker said:

I am on Xbox One, and am having issues connecting with my friend on the Windows 10 pc version. When we try to connect, the game keeps telling is that one of us needs to update, even though we are both using 0.6.5.0

I am having almost the same problem... the difference is that friend is using 0.6.7.0 version of the game on his xbox one system. Me on the other hand, I have purchased the game on pc through Microsoft store and currently am on the 0.6.5.0 version of the game. I am unable to update the game, which is weird. I bought this game to play it with a friend and now i cant even do that. Can anybody help me find a solution? Thanks.

On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 4:29 PM, Uttertom said:

Hello, 

Does anyone else play the windows 10 version, my friend is playing on  Xbox one and it's running version 0.6.7.0 I am unable to join his game as mine is on 0.6.5.0 and if I check for updates on the Microsoft store is says  everything  is up to date. any ideas?

Same problem, I can not download the 0.6.7 because the Windows Store does not find any updates, on the Xbox with the same profile instead has already downloaded the update

4 hours ago, Dujk said:

После обновления игра сохранить и не сохраняется. Просто Билли без экономии и нет никакого способа, чтобы снова загрузить сохранение. Опять ждать нового обновления. Три мои Все места ушли.

All my saves are not loaded. Reinstall the game? Wait for a patch? Start a new game? Advise me what to do?

This may not translate correctly, I am sorry if it does not. If your games that existed in Astroneer before the recent patches and fixes cannot be opened, and those games cannot be played, I would suggest starting new ones at this time. The next game patch or update will likely contain new content, possibly some updated mechanics as well. It is difficult to predict, but I do not think they plan to do more fixes to the current version if that makes sense. If your game saves do not work now, it is unlikely another fix will be released that makes them playable again. No one knows when the next big update will be released. In the meantime if you want to continue playing Astroneer, you will need to start a new game or games. You could keep a few of your old saves I suppose and see if they start working again, but that might not happen. It all depends on what the source of the problem is. Sorry I cannot be more helpful. Perhaps someone else can.

Using Google Translate....

Возможно, это неверно, я сожалею, если нет. Если ваши игры, которые существовали в Astroneer до того, как последние исправления и исправления не могут быть открыты, и эти игры не могут быть воспроизведены, я бы предложил начать новые в это время. В следующем патче или обновлении игры, скорее всего, будет содержаться новый контент, возможно, обновленная механика. Трудно предсказать, но я не думаю, что они планируют сделать больше исправлений для текущей версии, если это имеет смысл. Если ваша игра будет сохранена, теперь это не сработает, маловероятно, что будет выпущено еще одно исправление, которое заставляет их воспроизводиться снова. Никто не знает, когда будет выпущено следующее большое обновление. Тем временем, если вы хотите продолжить играть в Astroneer, вам нужно будет начать новую игру или игры. Полагаю, вы могли бы сохранить несколько своих старых сохранений и посмотреть, начнут ли они снова работать, но этого может не случиться. Все зависит от того, что является источником проблемы. Извините, я не могу быть более полезным. Возможно, кто-то другой может это сделать.

I backchecked the translation (I always do this, taking it and returning it to English language) and it seems to capture the intent of my message in English fairly well. Some redundancies (избыточные слова) which if the translator is correct that means "redundant words" plus a few oddities in grammar that are par for the course using a translator app.

Not sure why the font is so large, I guess because I copy paste directly from Google Translate app? Sorry about that.

Edited by Shadow Echo
Explain the huge font

5 hours ago, Toastie said:

Will patch notes be posted soon?  I received 3 updates for my game in the past 2 days.

They are on the first post in this thread. 

4 hours ago, Blind Io said:

They are on the first post in this thread. 

The thread was started like 2 weeks ago man, I want to know what the recent hotfixes were to that patch....

26 minutes ago, Toastie said:

The thread was started like 2 weeks ago man, I want to know what the recent hotfixes were to that patch....

Like Blind lo said, it's the first post that Joe posted on this thread.  Just below the picture, you'll see the hotfixes in red.

52 minutes ago, Mak-a-Face said:

Like Blind lo said, it's the first post that Joe posted on this thread.  Just below the picture, you'll see the hotfixes in red.

you both are missing the point, i played the game when the last patch was issued. Im saying within the last 3 days AFTER THAT PATCH, my game has been updated. I want to know what hotfixes they implemented.

1 hour ago, Toastie said:

you both are missing the point, i played the game when the last patch was issued. Im saying within the last 3 days AFTER THAT PATCH, my game has been updated. I want to know what hotfixes they implemented.

You're missing the point. Joe edits this thread for hotfixes. The other poster made this clear. 

Edited by Blind Io

On 03/04/2018 at 12:13 AM, Nicolò Ioffrida said:

Same problem, I can not download the 0.6.7 because the Windows Store does not find any updates, on the Xbox with the same profile instead has already downloaded the update

"0.6.8 Will be deployed to Xbox Play Anywhere as soon as it gets through certification!" as mentioned in the 4/2/18 hotfix update. Unfortunately it's a matter of waiting.

5 hours ago, Toastie said:

I want to know what hotfixes they implemented.

UPDATE : 4/2/18

We have deployed hotfix 0.6.8.0 to Steam to address these issues:

1. Fixed some crashes that were occurring upon loading saves. 

We are continuing to monitor crashes but this one was our worst offender and we felt it warranted a fix. Thanks to everyone who reported this issue and send crashdumps! 0.6.8 Will be deployed to Xbox Play Anywhere as soon as it gets through certification!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE : 3/30/18

We have deployed a hotfix 0.6.7.0 to address two issues:

1. Fixed a bug that caused bases on fabricators, solar panels, and worklights to not deploy. 

KNOWN ISSUE: 

Dropping the above items when not near terrain will cause them to teleport under the starting habitat. We will fix this issue in an upcoming update.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE : 3/29/18

We have deployed a hotfix 0.6.6.0 to address two issues:

1. Fixed the bug that caused players to lose the ability to pick up items in the world. This should also fix any saves previously impacted by this issue.

2. Fixed a big with fabricators created in 0.6.3 that caused them to not update their print lists with the new platforms

"When paired with the Inhibitor Mod, the Terrain Tool can then be used to alter the color of existing terrain without deforming it. This is widely regarded as "Painting" and thought of as the main use of the augment. Many players use it to "add spice" to their system and make it unique". This does not work as stated. I have paired the Inhibitor Mod with the Terrain Analyzer filled with purple soil and when trying to "paint" the color of my base pad it does not change the color of my pad. First time I have tried doing this so I am not sure if it used to work but now doesn't after the updates or what.

5 minutes ago, pbartbar said:

"When paired with the Inhibitor Mod, the Terrain Tool can then be used to alter the color of existing terrain without deforming it. This is widely regarded as "Painting" and thought of as the main use of the augment. Many players use it to "add spice" to their system and make it unique". This does not work as stated. I have paired the Inhibitor Mod with the Terrain Analyzer filled with purple soil and when trying to "paint" the color of my base pad it does not change the color of my pad. First time I have tried doing this so I am not sure if it used to work but now doesn't after the updates or what.

It will let me add new area to my pad and make it the selected color but it will not let me "paint" the existing gray color to a new color.

11 hours ago, Blind Io said:

You're missing the point. Joe edits this thread for hotfixes. The other poster made this clear. 

My mistake, I didnt expect them to update the OP and was skimming through the comments looking for another post from the devs stating what was fixed

On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:17 PM, Peter Zsigmond said:

I am having almost the same problem... the difference is that friend is using 0.6.7.0 version of the game on his xbox one system. Me on the other hand, I have purchased the game on pc through Microsoft store and currently am on the 0.6.5.0 version of the game. I am unable to update the game, which is weird. I bought this game to play it with a friend and now i cant even do that. Can anybody help me find a solution? Thanks.

yes, it has also been doing that to me and my friend when we play a multiplayer game with xbox and PC

Can anyone tell me what these are used for? I know they are on our back packs for researching items but I have found a couple in the caverns and they cannot be researched.

ASTRONEER (Game Preview)  4_6_2018 12_58_11 PM.png

1 hour ago, pbartbar said:

Can anyone tell me what these are used for? I know they are on our back packs for researching items but I have found a couple in the caverns and they cannot be researched.

ASTRONEER (Game Preview)  4_6_2018 12_58_11 PM.png

It was added before the catalog was released as a preview for what was to come in a future update it doesn't do anything or used for anything 

Edited by BuilderSpark

I Came Across a Bug Prohibiting The Player from interacting with seats, fabricators and their inventory. I Combated this by simply going back to the main menu and re-loading my save. The Bug doesn't seem to be very repetitive. I Hope This Help You Further This Awesome Games Development.

Edited by adem711

On 4/4/2018 at 11:05 AM, Toastie said:

My mistake, I didnt expect them to update the OP and was skimming through the comments looking for another post from the devs stating what was fixed

I also didn't notice until seeing this discussion about where the updates were in fact added.  Looking at the first page of this topic, the updates that were added in red describing 0.6.6+ are below a large image announcing 0.6.5 and are therefore not visible in my browser at all unless I scrolled down.  So the more recently added updates are easy to miss unless the title itself of the post is updated or the updates are added *above* the image so that everybody would immediately see them.