SES_joe

Update 0.6.5 - March 15th, 2018

On 3/19/2018 at 9:54 AM, Erick Vieira said:

It can repack the base modules, to transport. Use pressed-Q or Y (on console) to open the painel

Yeah I know (I had to activate it to even start out lmao) but I meant will it have uses other than that?

You just use it once at the start of the game and never again (unless you die)

Saw it mentioned (somewhere, forgot where) more things are planned for the landing pad. As is, I know in the few co-op games of Astroneer I’ve played, I don’t always land in someone else’s game on the landing pad (if I join on Terran, frequently I’ll land in the big habitat where the power panel is; I’ve only joined one game so far when a friend was on another planet, Irradiated, and on that base I landed on the side of a platform [type A] for a mineral extractor lol, so overall I haven’t seen the landing pad used for much besides the initial drop package, it’s recycling, and my own death respawns). We’ll just have to wait and see what new possibilities await the landing pad :) I also recall the Twitch stream demonstrating the large habitat having room for multiple Astroneers when playing co-op, and I wonder when that feature will be added. Perhaps that will come when dedi servers are introduced, idk, but it will be an awesome thing to have :D 

13 minutes ago, PedroAsani said:

My steam client is now showing 0.6.6.0 Can we expect some patch notes soon?

The hotfix is for the interaction bugs & printer lists not updating to reflect the patch changes. 

Hotfix that "also" removed the micro-platforms for small items, i.e. small solar, small fabricator, small wind turbine..... I feel like that was a step backwards honestly...

Beware guys, small items that had their own little stands 0.6.5.0 don't have them anymore with 0.6.6.0 : worklight, small generator, small solar panel, small wind turbine can't stand on their own and can't be connected when they're on the ground

37 minutes ago, Bushmills said:

Beware guys, small items that had their own little stands 0.6.5.0 don't have them anymore with 0.6.6.0 : worklight, small generator, small solar panel, small wind turbine can't stand on their own and can't be connected when they're on the ground

What? Putting the worklights on the ground was my favorite part of making a base and it made a better extension for power wires

Meaningless updates. How about updating the things that have a greater impact on this game where exploration is concerned like fixing the rover power issue and eliminating the amount of rocks. Completely ridiculous.

I have found a bug on the Xbox One version. When you exit your Vehicle the Vehicle itself will flip as if it crash landed. Sometimes it will land right near you or will flip on its side. This happens on every exit. This only started happening after the update. Just wanted you all to know so you can address with next patch.

Thanks.

Not meaningless at all.  It's helped to improve the quality of life in the game, there's obviously still issues but overall it's a nice little update.

Honest question....Do you guys test your patches before releasing them? Each patch just trashes something else......:\ 

Edited by ericojawn

Glad to see its all fixed up, what a day to choose to set off for a new world. I was stranded unable to power my small fabricator haha

Nice hotfix.. very quickly released as well, must be alot of you working the easter weekend.. noone at home to go to? ;)

Hey everyone, nice to see they fixed the things they broke from one hotfix to the next :) I haven't had a chance to go back to my system and so I was wondering, did 0.6.7 fix the rover problems at all or were these two updates just really for the losing selection capability?

18 hours ago, pbartbar said:

Meaningless updates. How about updating the things that have a greater impact on this game where exploration is concerned like fixing the rover power issue and eliminating the amount of rocks. Completely ridiculous.

The hotfix (the initial one at least, as it appears there's now been a hotfix to "fix" the hotfix), was definitely not "meaningless" nor was releasing it "ridiculous." Just because you don't understand something or the reasons behind it, doesn't make it a preposterous notion or frivolous pursuit. There was a rather nasty bug affecting the game and quite a few players (just check the bug report section for posts of "can't interact with items" or "dead zones" or the like) were having their game saves either severely crippled or rendered completely  unplayable. You'll find indeed there were many reports of this and other possibly related issues. I experienced this bug firsthand (luckily I was already aware of the bug, so I was cognizant of the symptoms and was able to act and remedy the situation before it became permanent; most players have not been so fortunate,  many have had to start over). In my game, the bug appeared after I died twice in rapid succession. Once I recognized the bug had manifested in my game, I force quit using the Xbox home menu, and restarted Astroneer. Luckily the last save had been after my first death not the second; the bug was no long present and afaik has not recurred.

So I hope you see now, this hotfix was done for a very good reason. It's quite possible more players would have been affected if more time had passed, so this needed to be addressed. Had it not been resolved, there was a good chance it could've propagated into the next content update, and that wouldn't have been a good thing. It could have become worse, who knows? If they hadn't fixed it, but had known about it, can you imagine how unhappy folks would've been at that point? There really wasn't any choice in the matter, but the Devs did the right thing in this instance, and fixed something that was giving players a difficult time enjoying the game. I think we all owe them our thanks for their hard work & dedication :) 

I realize there are a number of items in the game that are frustrating. I myself don't really use vehicles much, and I never had, so many of the complaints about them don't really register with me so much. The game can be enjoyed to a great extent without using terrestrial vehicles, or at least without depending on them a great deal. I'm certainly not telling anyone how to play their game, I'm not even telling anyone to play this game per se, but if the vehicle controls are driving you insane then take a step back, either from using them or playing Astroneer. Check back in a month or two, or travel by foot. I enjoy exploring more on foot, and with mobile bases so much easier to place down anywhere (you don't even need a vehicle it just takes a little more effort in the beginning to power them, I'm a huge Inhibitor fan makes gathering organic sooooo easy so using the small generators is such a breeze!) it opens up another dimension to gameplay.

Just yesterday I loaded into a save I hadn't played in many days, I didn't have any research running on my base, but when I checked my catalog something was generating Bytes at 100bpm! I was like "what the heck?" Then I realized I must've set up a satellite base nearby. I found it, I use the beacons fairly well overall (wish the beacon system had more variety, especially with reference to tagging then with additional info, but I have a "minimally functional" system down for now), I just had to search about a little bit because the blue beacon I use for a satellite base wasn't in direct view. I'm hoping ultimately we can launch a satellite with some monitoring systems on board (others have suggested similar things as well) to include not only weather applications (storm warnings) but perhaps include nav assist and adjunct beacon location. Right now, we are limited to "line of sight" guidance in terms of the beacon system. However, with use of a satellite we built in the game (perhaps using salvaged parts in a quest of some sort) and launched into some sort of orbit (what kind, no idea, that's not really my specialty) we could have an "eye in the sky" view of a larger portion of our beacon network (wouldn't be an entire planetary view, I don't think it'd be realistic to think we'd launch an entire network of these to blanket the skies over Terran or other planets, just one satellite though should afford us a decent  view idk maybe of 1/2 the planet of whatever would be realistic for such a device it would orbit of course and wouldn't always display a static view so which beacons you could see at any one time would vary). I know such ideas have been suggested before, but idk if they've been framed as an adjunct to the beacon system (I realize placing them atop mountains increases the visual range, but this method would allow for intermittent ability to overcome the limitations of "line of sight" should that be something desireable at some point). Thanks :) 

Looks like my game finally updated to V0.6.7 so I'll have to check it out. Hope the small items have their platforms back :P Thanks again to the Dev team for all your continued hard work, it is appreciated. Love this game so much! :D 

On Xbox 6.7.0 everything seems fine and fixed until I try to save the game when I get in a habitat or Rover the whole game crashes I'm on barren if that matters

Edited by BuilderSpark

49 minutes ago, BuilderSpark said:

On Xbox 6.7.0 everything seems fine and fixed until I try to save the game when I get in a habitat or Rover the whole game crashes I'm on barren if that matters

Update on this I was able to save the game by clicking return to the main menu then when I tried to return to the game the game crashed I started it back up and it crashed again so game is unplayable now

Hello, 

Does anyone else play the windows 10 version, my friend is playing on  Xbox one and it's running version 0.6.7.0 I am unable to join his game as mine is on 0.6.5.0 and if I check for updates on the Microsoft store is says  everything  is up to date. any ideas?

On 12-3-2018 at 9:32 PM, SES_joe said:

R2.1.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE : 3/30/18

We have deployed a hotfix 0.6.7.0 to address two issues:

1. Fixed a bug that caused bases on fabricators, solar panels, and worklights to not deploy. 

KNOWN ISSUE: 

Dropping the above items when not near terrain will cause them to teleport under the starting habitat. We will fix this issue in an upcoming update.

UPDATE : 3/29/18

We have deployed a hotfix 0.6.6.0 to address two issues:

1. Fixed the bug that caused players to lose the ability to pick up items in the world. This should also fix any saves previously impacted by this issue.

2. Fixed a big with fabricators created in 0.6.3 that caused them to not update their print lists with the new platforms

Steam 'Early Access' users will receive this update today, Thursday March 15th, 2018. 
Xbox 'Play Anywhere' players can also expect this patch to hit their consoles or Windows 10 machines Thursday March 15th, 2018. 

UPDATES
You can find these updates in 0.6.5.0, the current build of the game. As always, we recommend starting a new save when playing new updates. Older saves should work, but will definitely experience bugs.

VEHICLES

rover2.png

The Medium Rover and Large Rover have received a visual update. This includes new front and back slots which provide extra storage. These slots will only be active if the power line below them is unconnected. Once the power line is connected to another Rover or Platform base, the slots will fold down and drop any items attached to them. Old rovers should transfer over seamlessly.

The visual representation for Rover batteries has been changed. But their discharge and capacity is unchanged. 

Rovers have received an update to their suspension. Handling should be much better. Also, gravity on vehicle chassis has been adjusted so Mobile bases should be more stable. 

The power connection between Rovers and Platforms has been changed to directional. Now, you can very easily tell if your rover is consuming or providing power from your base. You can use this directional line to prevent the rover from mistaken power draw or discharge.

Research unlock costs relating to Vehicles have been reduced. This change has been made to encourage acquiring Rovers earlier in progression. Specifically:

• The Vehicle Bay cost has been reduced from 1000 Bytes to 250 Bytes
  • The Medium Rover cost has been reduced from 2400 Bytes to 2000 Bytes
  • The Large Rover cost has been reduced from 8000 Bytes to 6000 Bytes
  • The Open 1-Seat cost has been reduced from 600 Bytes to 300 Bytes

POWER

splitter.png

A three port Splitter object has been added to the game. The Splitter takes in a power line and creates up to two adjustable directed streams. It is available in the Catalog for 1000 Bytes and prints from the Small Fabricator for 1 Copper. 

Directional power visualization has been updated for clarity. The previous version was just placeholder art. The marching chevrons should now be much more readable at a glance. 

Power Cells behavior has been changed. They now act as an on demand, single use battery which will only discharge when power is needed by the item they are attached to. Oh, they also no longer provide infinite power. 

BASEBUILDING

Modules can now be unpacked on top of Rover bases enabling a kind of Mobile base.

HighresScreenshot00012.png

You will still need immense amounts of power to operate a base on wheels, but this should allow for our nomadic players to continue base operations on the go. Also, be aware that once unpacked, base modules on rovers are linked forever. <3

Added new Platform and Storage variants to the game! (KNOWN ISSUE: OLD FABRICATORS WILL NOT UPDATE TO INCLUDE THE NEW PLATFORMS. UNTIL WE ISSUE A FIX, PRINT A NEW FABRICATOR TO SEE THE ENTIRE LIST OF PRINTABLE PLATFORMS.)

platforms.png

• Medium Platform B - More compact version of the Medium Platform, costs 250 Bytes to research and 1 Resin to print. 
  • Large Platform B - More compact version of the Large Platform, costs 500 Bytes to research and 2 Resin to print. 
  • Large Platform C - Winged version of the Large Platform which swaps the Tier 2 side slots for 20 Tier 1 slots, costs 2000 Bytes to unlock and 2 Aluminum to print. 
  • Large Platform D - Two-tiered platform with 10 Tier 2 storage slots, costs 2000 Bytes to unlock and 2 Aluminum to print. 
  • Extra Large Platform - An octagonal platform with a single Tier 4 slot, and eight cable sockets, costs 3000 Bytes to unlock and 2 Aluminum to print. 
  • Extra Large Storage - A domed Tier 4 storage platform that prints on top of a Large Rover, or an XL Platform. It contains 31 Tier 1 storage slots, costs 3000 Bytes to unlock, and 2 Compound and 2 Aluminum to print.

The Vehicle Bay can now be operated by a Control Panel. 

Module Control Panels have received a lighting pass

INTERACTION 

A large number of the orange floating UI buttons have been removed from the game and replaced with interaction verbs. Your bases should look a bit less like a Las Vegas light show. 

The default Use verb has been replaced with contextual interaction verbs. For instance the Work Light now uses the verbs “Turn On” and “Turn Off,” while Drop Pods, Habitats, and Seats now use “Enter” and “Exit.”

AUDIO UPDATES

• Update Smelter Audio, better end loops. Less Abrupt.
  • add variations for Base Building.
  • Hazard Plant SFX

OTHER UPDATES
Items in the Catalog have been slightly reorganized.

BUG FIXES

• [AS-1831] - Fixed a longstanding bug where Tether lines did not go dark in Multiplayer games when disconnected from an Oxygen source. 
  • [AS-2237] - Fixed a bug where the Astroneer’s headlamp would turn off while dying inside a Drop Pod
  • [AS-2545] - Fixed an issue with cables twisting in strange ways in relation to the planet center.
  • [AS-2546] - Fixed an issue with power sockets on platforms twisting cables in strange ways in relation to the planet center. 
  • Due to the physics constraints of the world, vehicle chains have once again been limited to a maximum of 4 Rover bases. 
  • [AS-2567] - Power Nuggets once again charge batteries. Cave spelunkers, rejoice!
  • [AS-2570] - Drop Pods should no longer launch into space when invoking the Use command. 
  • [AS-2572] - Large Solar arrays can once again be moved by the Winch! 
  • [AS-2574] - Mineral Extractor and Smelter should once again auto-pull from and auto-deposit into connected storage. 
  • Fixed several recurring crashes on PC and Xbox One which should increase general stability. 

ROADMAP HIGHLIGHT

This update we are doing things a little differently, with an update of the roadmap: (view it here) directly from Veronica, our wonderful Producer: 

Greetings Astroneers!

Since we're nearing the end of March, and the first quarter of 2018, it's time for a Roadmap update! Our key features from Q1 have now been released: Basebuilding, Streaming Power, update to Vehicles including mobile bases and physics stability fixes. We also made big changes to the interaction system, modifying gamepad controls and introducing Examine and contextual Use verbs.

A few things we had that we started this quarter are not quite yet ready to move over to the "Released Features" column. The biggest ones to mention are Directional Steering for Vehicles and adding new Hazard and Discovery types to the game. The good news is, these things are in progress right now with Andrew working on steering, and our new Content Designer, Annie, working hard on bringing new discoverables into the world. You should see the fruits of their labor within the next couple of updates! 

Ahead of us in Q2 and beyond are the two remaining big systems - Terrain 2.0 and Dedicated Servers. I am happy to report that both are in full swing, with Adam working on the first new planet using the Terrain 2.0 tech, and Carl currently working on ensuring players on dedicated servers are able to preserve their game state when logging on and off. We're looking forward to sharing these features with you later this year!

Overall, everything you see in the Q2 column is already in progress and we are very pleased with how things are coming together. We can't wait for you to play with the new planets, vehicles, modules, resources, discoveries, and much much more. Thank you for your ongoing support and feedback!

-V

--------------------------------------------------

*EDIT* - KNOWN ISSUES! 

1. Fabricators and printers made in a previous save will not display the newly unlocked platforms. Create new fabricators and printers in version 0.6.5 to print new items.

2. Rovers and connected seats made in previous versions of Astroneer will display odd behavior, including bouncing when entering, and issues when using the "USE" action. To alleviate this issue, create new rovers & seats in version 0.6.5 or use the (ALT + CLICK) shortcut to immediately use something. 

-------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading Astroneers! As always, thanks so much for the feedback, bug reports, & suggestions! This coming week we will be at GDC in the Epic Games booth showing Astroneer, so if you are headed to SF, and want to meet for a beverage, a high five or to talk business, drop me a line! joe@systemera.net

-jt

i buyed the 0.6.5 and i like it very well, but i want the 0.2.79.0 patch and i cant play THAT patch, so how could i do that?

По 22.03.2018 в 19:59, pbartbar сказал:

Время отойти от игры на некоторое время. НП Слишком, когда марсоходы в принципе бесполезен, если вы домашних животных тянуть цене. Я думаю, что у меня тоже есть rocknaphobia. 186 часов играл с обновление 0.6.2 и просто не стоит играть, пока они не получат Rover и рок позаботились.

Да, я перестал играть и жду патч. Много не играть и ждать.

After the update, the game freezes and is not saved. Just killed without saving and there is no way to load the save again. Again wait for a new update. All three of my saves are gone.

On 3/30/2018 at 2:36 PM, Bushmills said:

Yeah they do.  I just put a worklight down before writing this and it still has connectors. AFAIK wind turbines and solar panels (Or any two socket items) have never had standalone connections. But workslights and single socket items do.

Yeah they do.  I just put a worklight down before writing this and it still has connectors. AFAIK wind turbines and solar panels (Or any two socket items) have never had standalone connections. But workslights and single socket items do.

No, they didn't in 6.6.0.
Now they're back to normal because they issued a hotfix 0.6.7.0

2 minutes ago, Bushmills said:

No, they didn't in 6.6.0.
Now they're back to normal because they issued a hotfix 0.6.7.0

Yep. I just noticed the hotfix.  But still, I don't think any double socket items have had connections.... so I was partially right LOL

Has anyone else noticed after they die in game and retrieve their items, if they had a worklight and re-equip it, it not longer appears to work? It is no longer on, and you can’t turn it on using the bumpers :( This has happened to me now in 2 or 3 games (all pre-existing 0.6.7) but the issue never existed before this hotfix iirc. The only thing that seems to “fix” the issue is returning to home base. Once on base, when I’m around my power-generating modules, and I’m “connected to them” via whatever means is relevant (I’m not sure at this point what connection is necessary, a tether line I’ve placed that hooks to a platform or a “spontaneously created tether connection”) whatever is happening though, the worklight suddenly “receives power,” turns on by itself,  and is suddenly working again. Strangest thing, I’ve never experienced that afaik.

The hotfix says Devs are aware of the problem with small items disappearing if placed somewhere else that’s not near terrain. I’d like to comment that I have those items disappear frequently even when I’m attempting to place them “on” terrain. The game just doesn’t seem to fancy where I’m putting them for some reason, but I’m unsure why it’ll accept some placements and not others (I can’t tell any rhyme or reason why some disappear and others are placed without issue). I mean, sure, if you just fling one out into the air, yes that will cause it to disappear (which it shouldn’t, it should simply fall to the ground but I know they’re working on this). The other issue, most of the items don’t disappear for good (most of the time they’ll reappear shortly in fact). Some teleport above or below the main large habitat in my experience. Other times it seems somewhat random. I’ll find some of them near the main habitat mixed in between other platforms (but not seated on, or attached to, the platforms), or on rare occasions they might show up at the outer fringe of my base (far from where they disappeared though). Indeed this behavior is certainly peculiar, but I’m looking forward to it being sorted out.

While I’m sure some people really enjoy the directional power the extenders provide, I’d really prefer the Devs change them to provide bidirectional power, sending it where it’s need whenever it’s appropriate for any given situation. For splitters, I can see how directional power could be necessary under many use conditions. However, extenders are basically extension cords (or at least, adapters for coupling extensions cords in this case) so it just doesn’t seem very intuitive to require choosing a direction for power flow. I have two areas in saves right now where I often have something a bit away from my main base platforms and modules and use the extenders to help connect things. Im each case, it’s quite frustrating to frequently switch power directions depending on time of day and different usage requirements (an I really don’t want to use splitters). I think having extenders function the same way the cables do for all the regular platforms (bidirectional with the variable width yellow band, indicating power strength) would be much more useful and less of a hassle overall for most players.

For example, I use extenders to hook up my vehicle bay platform and my Platform D (the large slanted one I use for a large bank of wind turbines, solar panels batteries, and miscellaneous other items) to my array of other platforms and/or main habitat (it can vary depending on my base design).For the most part, Platform D is sending power “out” to the base, usually via th habitat, but occasionally I may need to charge the batteries by having power flow inward, especially if Terran’s wind is being fickle (which it often is, being incredibly light and variable; in other words, Terran’s wind quality and strength is often extremely poor and unreliable in general, with virtually no predictability). Terran wind is constantly giving me fits, so I’m left with frequentky relocating my turbines somewhere else on base. I know the Devs are aware of many complaints about wind flow, on Terran especially. For the vehicle bay, sometimes I need power flowing in (for example when printing something, or when a vehicle returns and needs charging) but otherwise (especially if I have solar or wind generating devices in the playroom) I’d like the platform to be sending power out to the base and beyond, meeting other needs as they arise. While Platform D (which I typically use as a power generating bank) is overall less of an issue in terms of directionality, the Vehicle Bay (which is often hooked up via extenders to give it a larger area to function) really does need bidirectional power without requiring fussing over the power directionality. Something I hope the Devs will consider over the next few updates. 

Thanks everyone for getting the fix for the hotfix out so soon! Have a very Happy Easter Weekend! :)