SES_joe

Update 0.6.5 - March 15th, 2018

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Shadow Echo said:

it’s not like there are hard & fast rules for this or even other colors (except maybe red for health, that’s rather universal).

If I had the time, with minimal effort, I could probably find you 20 games where, when a character dives underwater, their "breath capacity" is represented by a blue bar or bubble.  I never thought about exactly *why* blue was chosen (I guess people think of "air" as blue, because the sky is blue?) but there's definitely a firm precedent.  And, if you think about it, though the resource in the game is called "oxygen", surely the suits must be circulating an air-approximation mixed in similar proportions to Earth's atmosphere, right?  So, if anything, the *color* should remain the same (since it's a *capacity indicator* not a *content label*) but the name of the resource and related items should be changed from "oxygen" to "air".

Edited by Thw0rted

Yeah Xbox updated here over 12hrs ago, win10 shows version 0.6.2 but has the 0.6.5 notes on the load menu

1 hour ago, Toeknee said:

I'm having the same issue. SES says it's available for windows10, I even uninstalled, and re-downloaded from the windows store, I still have 6.2.

Another interesting thing, is when I go to the updates section of the windows store, it shows Astroneer version 6.2.2, but the game itself says 6.2.0

Yes, ditto.  Went to do an update on Windows 10, no luck.  Anxious, looks extremely cool and I am an addict!  Thanks!  I have included a screen shot.  After looking for updates, it says it's done.

Screen.PNG

1 hour ago, Toeknee said:

I'm having the same issue. SES says it's available for windows10, I even uninstalled, and re-downloaded from the windows store, I still have 6.2.

Another interesting thing, is when I go to the updates section of the windows store, it shows Astroneer version 6.2.2, but the game itself says 6.2.0

Yes, ditto.  Went to do an update on Windows 10, no luck.  Anxious, looks extremely cool and I am an addict!  Thanks!  I have included a screen shot.  After looking for updates, it says it's done.

12 hours ago, Pat4yczek said:

It's great you add new platforms, but I can't build anywhere after research

you need to reprint the fabricator 

any response as to how to update from the windows store?

Please save me!  I would love to play this new version, but I only have Windows 10!  Not updating!  I am addicted and love the updates!

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, your my only hope!

Posted (edited)

Have the rover glitches been fixed??

Cause i found no mention of it.

I have 1 stuck 2 levels down a cave and a 7 rover train stuck somewhere in the sky.

Would appreciate if it falls to the ground.

Edited by TekRa

After three hours of playing this latest update, I'd have to say it's kind of loop warm. A big thanks for fixing the headlamp when going up inclines and also fixing the power nuggets. New vehicles are interesting, and handle better over rough terrain. The medium rover could use a little more because it still seems to struggle over rocks. But I have to say that I'm very disappointed that we're still not getting improve vehicle control. Why is it so hard to give us decent controls?

This reminded me of Mass Effects when my friend (xbox) was complaining that he had a hard time using the gun turret because the vehicle would steer where the turret was pointing. I would just laugh at him because the PC version didn't have that problem, it would aim at the target and still drive forward. Why can't we have that? I hate this steering with the camera view.

I don't know why I'm crying in the club (from happiness) right now.

Oh wait, it's because of the sEXY NEW DOMED STORAGE HOLY WOWWWWWWWWWWW GODDAMN (real storage has curves)

15 hours ago, Sajuuknightfall said:

First time posting. 

I find the new rover great looking.. but doesn't function correctly. First it's still to low to the ground often getting trapped. Also having a train of 3 large rovers makes the rover impossible to climb small hills. consider that each of the rovers has power it should be reasonable that you should be able to get over a small hill easily. So far Its no longer playable for me. I can't travel anywhere with it.  

The new rover is slow as a snail and has no power. I struggle climbing even the smallest incline. I built a new one and whenever I climbed out of it it shot backwards hitting my platforms on my base. Also when out mining with it and I get out it jumps up above my head and half of it, including the ones I am pulling, disappears below ground and I have to spend the time digging it out. Some weird stuff.

I can't build anything using given platform and med fabricator, I have 3 power sources powering it and still acts like I have no power ( not previous save) New today. 

IMG_7543.JPG

2 hours ago, CuriousCabbit said:

@Kendog61 the Location where it is building the platform is partially blocked by either yourself or another object

This.

When the graphic of what you are trying to build turns pink/red, it means it's being blocked by something (usually the Astroneer). You either need to move, or move the fabricator.

Posted (edited)

Really like the Large Platform D!

While it is not useful for production it is great for storage and wind power generation. Solar is weak due to the angles of the platform.

CC1FA0EAC6127E3D31335BC6EB910CEE4A911A09

4A87813615885F34C569746561049A8BEA359F6F

I am still experimenting with the Extra Large Storage, far the best uses I have found are as a collector for a drill and power generation using the small wind and solar panels.

B70ACCB5E64D46F8B63C517DB562F477D63E46CA

Edited by Baelnes

1 hour ago, Baelnes said:

Really like the Large Platform D!

While it is not useful for production it is great for storage and wind power generation. Solar is weak due to the angles of the platform.

CC1FA0EAC6127E3D31335BC6EB910CEE4A911A09

4A87813615885F34C569746561049A8BEA359F6F

I am still experimenting with the Extra Large Storage, far the best uses I have found are as a collector for a drill and power generation using the small wind and solar panels.

B70ACCB5E64D46F8B63C517DB562F477D63E46CA

Large platform D works great for Solar.

ASTRONEER (Game Preview)  3_16_2018 8_45_14 PM.png

Had a lot of fun trying out rover module combinations. Didn't do a whole lot of driving yet, but burned up most of my power trying get out of some holes on ramps I had made. Did make a short excursion with a smelter truck; needed more power it was nice to have some stuff going while was making trips down into the cave.

Getting out of a crane on a rover puts me under the rover.

Front and back slots are odd. It used to be that the cable and connection points felt like the same connector so it made sense that they could not be used together. The new design does a better job of communicating that an attachment point exists, but it is also frustrating to have stuff ejected from the slots.

It is incredibly practical to drive from the bumpers. It also looks extremely awkward.

The large rover bumper slots especially bother me. They are shown as t3 slots, but neither vehicle bay or boxes will go there. It feels like a violation of the design language that a plug of a certain size will go into any socket of that size. Now I have to know about the special cases.

I had to deliberately scroll over on the research catalog to find some of the new items; it is not obvious when a row in the catalog has a 3rd+ item. I still tend to lose track which item in the catalog I am focused on.

12 hours ago, Mak-a-Face said:

But I have to say that I'm very disappointed that we're still not getting improve vehicle control. Why is it so hard to give us decent controls?

Because of Halo. Halo set this as the standard for vehicle controls in games that use a controller (like the Xbox), but this style of control does not translate well at all to mouse and keyboard. Also, there is currently an odd bug where the A and D keys move the vehicle forward.

. . . that said, even when using a controller Forza Horizon 3 uses a "camera follows vehicle" style of control rather than the "vehicle follows camera" style in Halo / Astroneer, and it works very well in that game. So I don't think it's an absolute given that Halo's style of control is always better (Although admittedly Astroneer is more Halo-like than Forza-like). I can handle Halo-style controls (if implemented well) on a controller, but it really kills the experience on a keyboard / mouse setup. This is one area where it is okay to diverge the controller experience from the mouse / keyboard experience.

One thing that concerns me with the way things are going with Astroneer is that they have overhauled the controls several times, yet they have remained relatively quiet about their goals with the most recent changes. A crazy amount of effort has gone into the controls of Astroneer, but the goals of the changes aren't exactly clear. I've actually gone as far as to create a thread about it on these forums. Kinda hoping it will lead to something constructive.

44 minutes ago, Андарсен said:

были возможность цеплять маленький ровер к большому

Google Translate : "There was an opportunity to cling a small rover to a large"

The forum is generally English Language but is that an accurate translation of your question? Is there a missing negative?

6 hours ago, DanielCoffey said:

Google Translate : "There was an opportunity to cling a small rover to a large"

The forum is generally English Language but is that an accurate translation of your question? Is there a missing negative?

You can only have so many hooked together. I think the limit is 4 as that is what I have and it won't let me hook any more together.