So.

Astroneer is broken, and rather badly at that. I had Astroneer working fine, then it refused to start so I reinstalled it. After erasing all of Astroneer's files of the face of the C: drive, (I have Astroneer from the Windows 10 store and I find a lack of articles for me) I reinstalled it and it worked. After having to go somewhere, I closed up my laptop and reopened it and it crashed, but then restarted Astroneer and it worked fine. After saving it up legitimately properly, getting into my habitat, saving, exiting to the main menu and then to the desktop, then returned home, connected to Wi-Fi, booted it up and IT DIDN'T WORK. I reinstalled it and it still doesn't work! It just flashes the title screen for 0.1 seconds and then quits to the desktop. Please help. Maybe @Wyvyrias could help!

Crash Data:

Windows 10 Home

Dell Inspiron 15 3567

5.87 GB RAM

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7100U CPU @ 2.40GHz

Alright, that's probably enough for the devs.

I've been having this same problem for about a week. I have asked in the FB forums and there have been no explanations. The only way I can play 2 days in a row now is to reinstall.

Did you also delete the config files within C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Astro\Saved as the config can sometimes cause the problems

You can also check the log files stored in \Logs to see if anything stands out when it fails to run

1 hour ago, CuriousCabbit said:

Did you also delete the config files within C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Astro\Saved as the config can sometimes cause the problems

You can also check the log files stored in \Logs to see if anything stands out when it fails to run

@CuriousCabbit As it turns out... I use the UWP Astroneer, not the Steam Astroneer. Thanks for the reply, though!

I'm having the same problem. Microsoft Store UWP version. Uninstall/Reinstall works for one time use only. App repair does not work. App crashes after 1 second. Updated video drivers (Radeon Adrenalin 18.3.2), fully up current on all Windows updates.

To follow-up on previous post. The following is in the System Event log:

Unable to start a DCOM Server: SystemEraSoftworks.29415440E1269_0.6.2.2_x64__ftk5pbg2rayv2!ASTRONEER as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:
"317"
Happened while starting this command:
"C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\SystemEraSoftworks.29415440E1269_0.6.2.2_x64__ftk5pbg2rayv2\Astro\Binaries\UWP64\Astro-UWP64-Shipping.exe" -ServerName:ASTRONEER.AppXmqqpgtj05x5y7d5w9psqyc34920dae92.mca

Same here.

After trying to start the game an error message pops up saying that the application can't be started.

Bug.png.b75fe150578c48ccf1f3cc44d42f2cd8.png

Microsoft Store is displaying a notification that the game was causing  issues and has to be repaired/reinstalled for solving those.

5aa95290e464f_Bug2.png.778abbd9168a08e4f34e129c30dde530.png

Neither repairing/reinstalling nor deleting the application and doing a clean install was working for me unfortunately. But the game is working just fine via steam, on the same pc.

Edited by Forgetaboutme

OK, new development. Two days ago I started from a fresh install but I did not change the default from windowed mode. I only changed some of the graphics and autorun setting. I haven't had to reinstall since then so that's a possible fix and a possible issue. 

Hope that helps

I'm going to echo the GMan with a new development as well. I have not played since 3/11 - I started the game from the Windows menu and it loaded right up as intended. I have done nothing to the system, not even a restart. I will continue to monitor this. 

System Information:
Manufacturer: HP
Model: HP EliteDesk 800 G2 TWR
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz
RAM: 15.88GB
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Service Pack: 0