MAJOR WOODS

Using Bytes with the Trade Platform

3 minutes ago, MAJOR WOODS said:

That would be kool. I like that idea. Still doesn't give Bytes a purpose after researching is done though. And that's the reason why I started this thread. 

Right back on topic.

Would you be open to the idea to a separate currency considering you can already research the resources for bytes?

1 minute ago, SofterSocks said:

Right back on topic.

Would you be open to the idea to a separate currency considering you can already research the resources for bytes?

Absolutely. Although, I still think that Bytes could use an alternative use other than research. Also, a main issue that I have with the Trade platform is that no matter what resources you use for trading to get rare materials, you can never get more than 2 at a time. Even if you use the exact same resource or something equally rare. It needs tweaking at the very least. 

12 minutes ago, SofterSocks said:

How about this lol. Done in true Astroneer upgrade style. More room, more return

ASTRONEER (Game Preview)  3_13_2018 1_19_22 PM.png

What? Did you photoshop it to make it appear larger? Yeah, that helps, but I would like it more if it doesn't rely on slots to fill for the trade you want to make. This is why I suggested Bytes as a currency. Imagine saving up 10s of thousands of Bytes (or whatever currency you like) & being able to buy a full trading rocket of any 1 material. Or even buy multiple materials of varying amounts. You could get as much of whatever you're needing, up to the limit of the rocket's slots.

12 minutes ago, MAJOR WOODS said:

What? Did you photoshop it to make it appear larger? Yeah, that helps, but I would like it more if it doesn't rely on slots to fill for the trade you want to make. This is why I suggested Bytes as a currency. Imagine saving up 10s of thousands of Bytes (or whatever currency you like) & being able to buy a full trading rocket of any 1 material. Or even buy multiple materials of varying amounts. You could get as much of whatever you're needing, up to the limit of the rocket's slots.

Yeah I kind of misunderstood your question. I pulled some screen grabs of various in game UI. I'm thinking of some sort Frankenstein menu combing the research byte flow chart and the standard structure menu. Gotta have something to convey the market to the player. Plus it will give us a visual aid. I'm off today so why not

Sorry the editing function on the forums is a little wonky

What if you had a screen like this when you accessed the trade platform. With a buy and sell function

byteexchange.png

9 minutes ago, SofterSocks said:

Sorry the editing function on the forums is a little wonky

What if you had a screen like this when you accessed the trade platform. With a buy and sell function

byteexchange.png

Idk. I pictured the trade platform looking mostly the same, with a owned Bytes counter next to the hologram that displays what resources you want, and with vertical arrows to select the amount you want & total cost next to it. I think this looks too similar to the research panel & thus would be confusing. Good effort though. 

Edited by MAJOR WOODS

8 minutes ago, MAJOR WOODS said:

Idk. I pictured the trade platform looking mostly the same, with a owned Bytes counter next to the hologram that displays what resources you want, and with vertical arrows to select the amount you want & total cost next to it. I think this looks too similar to the research panel & thus would be confusing. Good effort though. 

While it may be ambitious I think if it is going to become and actual currency it might even develop into its own module. Crowding all this into the trade platform could get confusing no matter how you do it.

Edited by SofterSocks