mumbles mumbles

Double Size Backpack Upgrade

Agreed, or just have something that can hold even more items, but stacked internally.

Do we really need to see each item on the back of the pack?

I think this is coming as are upgrades to the suits.

my new way of exploring in astroneer involves making a big base platform, putting a large storage on it and loading that up with small storage units. i also put a one-seat on it.  then i carry this around with me wherever i go. it doesn't slow me down any more than carrying one research pod, for example, and with driving the vehicles over terrain being so unstable (still) I'll take the lack of speed over constantly having to right my vehicle, or search for power for the damn thing. when i start to run out of oxygen, i put the platform down, and it feeds me oxy till i'm full again. if a storm hits, i jump in the one-seat and it protects me.

i can carry this thing anywhere, fill it up with research and minerals, then skip back to the home base. even full, it still doesn't slow me down any more than carrying one pod does.

i'm aware i'm probably exploiting some poor game mechanic 'bugs' by doing this, but frankly until the vehicles are significantly more controllable and don't roll over at the slightest pebble on the terrain, i feel pretty justified.