Rebelord

Does coal even exist

So in all the time I’ve played astronneer i have only seen coal once ever, and i have never seen a YouTube find any so i believe that the spawn rate should be boosted to ammonium but maybe there’s some sort of refining you have to do (in irl to refine coal they litteraly throw it into a grinder and say yeah thats good enough) becuase its used in the medium generator and with the current spawn rate the generator and coal might as well not exist 

i've had varying luck with coal. sometimes it's barely seeded at all, other times i'll have a dozen medium storages packed full. it seems to be more abundant everywhere except terran. the disappointment when i'm on Exotic and desperately trying to find compound, and spot a coal vein which looks similar until you start sucking it in...

2 hours ago, Rebelord said:

So in all the time I’ve played astronneer i have only seen coal once ever, and i have never seen a YouTube find any so i believe that the spawn rate should be boosted to ammonium but maybe there’s some sort of refining you have to do (in irl to refine coal they litteraly throw it into a grinder and say yeah thats good enough) becuase its used in the medium generator and with the current spawn rate the generator and coal might as well not exist 

There's buckets of coal on Barren and other planets, but it's very rare on Terran. 

I have just built a base on barren, right next to this base is a cave and there is coal everywhere!!

Veins in the ceilings, the walls, even on the floor, I have seen at least 8 veins of coal already.

What do you even use it for out of interest?

Yes its real, but hard to find and even harder to make more of, its like titanium so I August looking around all planets to find a bigger score of coal