Soon I know weather is going to be a thing and I was wondering one day some planets could have extreme temperatures. So, our suits could have an add on in order to regulate suit temperature by using the suit battery as a resource. This add on being heating coils and liquid cooling could be placed on the left shoulder as a visual of which add on you are using.  

i fear that suit mods are going to be one of those mostly cosmetic things. shame, because i really like the idea of adapting your lifesupport unit to suit the hazards of other worlds. eminently sensible, when you think about it. high-radiation pack, extreme cold pack, jumping jet pack (using propellant to give assisted jumps to further exploration). sound good.

I would like to see this maybe it slowly uses power depending on what upgrades you have and when you run out of power you start to die 

This would make some planets seem more Deadly becuase you now have to worry about power and oxygen

(you could upgrade the modifiers to reduce power consumption or effective-ness)

So I thought up an idea that expands this topic. Hopefully some day they add in the geo thermic power system. Well why not make natural heating vents in caves give off heat. So if you are in a certain radius of one you could take heat damage unless you have a suit cooling unit. Thoughts?

I like it but there going to have to make it so it doesn’t produce much power in order to prevent people from just relying on geothermal and making solar panels and wind generators obsolete

how about adding an oxygen system, that can produce you more oxygen, and different places would waste different amounts of oxygen from your suit. higher areas would waste more, and you would need to make more modules that produces energy, to survive without tethers (for example placing a module on vehicles). a full oxygen system in an update would make me very happy.

A really simple modification I'd make is an homage to the Apollo space program.  The mission  commander was identified by the red stripes on their suits.  For Astroneer, the world host should be the one with the red stripes

Err not sure about oxygen consumption increasing but i do like the idea of an oxygen system

i would much more prefer this to a hunger and thirst system

also congrats on staying on the front page for so long

+1

(i forgot to add +1 on my previous comments)