I have recently been watching some of the dev streams from when the game was not released and I thought why do we not have a landing platform for our spaceships I also find it frustrating if you have already built a spaceship and don't have a rover you have to either create another vehicle bay or get in your spaceship waste precious hydrazine to move your spaceship to somewhere else on that planet my idea is that the landing platform could be built by the vehicle bay in a box like all the other base pieces and could still be moved pls add into the game.

I thought it would be interesting if you could make a large spaceship and it has an interiour like storage or small setup for reasearch or something

41 minutes ago, ILikePandas said:

I thought it would be interesting if you could make a large spaceship and it has an interiour like storage or small setup for reasearch or something

It could be cool but a end game equipment then. 

High research cost, and high resources quantity to produce it. It should need also a platform to launch it from the ground, so I don't think it will be implemented soon. ;) Nice idea in my opinion. 

4 hours ago, Riley Bielby said:

that the landing platform could be built by the vehicle bay in a box like all the other base pieces and could still be moved pls add into the game.

I agree with you, it's a problem and this could be a solution.

i always thought that a landing platform could be a backpackable item - like an enhanced beacon. you craft it, take it out to where you want your shuttle to land and drop it down - it automatically clears a zone of debris and vegetation and gives you a 'landing beacon' blue hemisphere once in orbit. if placed close to your habitat, it effectively switches off your habitat landing zone in favor of it's own.

it could be taken out on a vehicle to further corners of the planet, placed down and, upon return, you could take your shuttle up and land on the new zone. this way, you could have a lot less landing zones at the start (barren would only have one, for example.) it would only function on the surface of the planet, not in a cave. it would have a 'ghost' hologram for placement like the new platforms have, and it would go red if not placed correctly, such as if a large rock or plant was in the way.

i think this method would encourage more land-air integrated exploration.

additionally, your idea of a large spaceship is very similar to my idea of having a large space station as one of the endgame play objectives. great minds think alike.

Edited by Bron