ramalamafizzfaj

Habitat provides no power

Hello. I was told by the astroneer wiki that the Habitat is supposed to provide power, but when i used one to start a new base it refused to provide any power to anything until i had connected a power resource unit to the circuit somewhere, then it worked fine, not using the power resource.

Is this a bug or am I a noob?

Haven't built a habitat in the new update, but I remember reading that they are the older small habitat (not the larger one you get when you start a new game). This being the case, the old habitat never had power (you had to add a power source), so I assume it is working the same way. Whether it's a bug or not... only the devs can say. ;)

On 07/03/2018 at 8:20 AM, ramalamafizzfaj said:

Hello. I was told by the astroneer wiki that the Habitat is supposed to provide power, but when i used one to start a new base it refused to provide any power to anything until i had connected a power resource unit to the circuit somewhere, then it worked fine, not using the power resource.

Is this a bug or am I a noob?

Only the new 'home' style habs have the RTG mentioned in the wiki, you can see it on the back. The printable 'dropship' style do not supply power. 

10 hours ago, Blind Io said:

Only the new 'home' style habs have the RTG mentioned in the wiki, you can see it on the back. The printable 'dropship' style do not supply power. 

Oh well. My mistake lol. Thanks.

This still doesnt explain how i could use power without depleting the power resource though

4 hours ago, ramalamafizzfaj said:

Oh well. My mistake lol. Thanks.

This still doesnt explain how i could use power without depleting the power resource though

There are still a few bugs in the new power system. Hopefully they'll be ironed out next week! 

9 minutes ago, Blind Io said:

There are still a few bugs in the new power system. Hopefully they'll be ironed out next week! 

Tell the team to keep up the good work. This game is a work of art so far <3 a few bugs here and there are to be expected at this stage.

I have the same problem. My Habitat is without energy and does not have an orange button on top to deploy it. Its weird. I think that's a bug. Astroneer gamepedia says: "Habitat has a small RTG generator that provides power equal to that of a Small Solar Panel". So it should produce energy.

Again. If you read up, only the new-style habitat has the rtg that provides power. 

Please keep in mind that the wiki is community maintained. 

So the RTG is included in the hab on Terran only?

(I quite surprise that there are RTG in this game)

Edited by Porama6400