Adjust sliding/fall damage

Infentory

My favorite thing to do in Astroneer is slide but I think the fall damage is a little too punishing for it to be practical, or even viable, in many scenarios.

I'm not saying fall damage should be removed altogether. It gives you a real sense of vulnerability, and I like that! I just think sliding would be more fun if every bump didn't send you careening into death and fire. I want to feel the satisfaction of scaling a (not so steep, or tall) mountain and surfing all the way down. 

Maybe adjust the behavior of sliding, or introduce a suit upgrade that lessens fall damage. Either way!

28 minutes ago, Infentory said:

My favorite thing to do in Astroneer is slide but I think the fall damage is a little too punishing for it to be practical, or even viable, in many scenarios.

I'm not saying fall damage should be removed altogether. It gives you a real sense of vulnerability, and I like that! I just think sliding would be more fun if every bump didn't send you careening into death and fire. I want to feel the satisfaction of scaling a (not so steep, or tall) mountain and surfing all the way down. 

Maybe adjust the behavior of sliding, or introduce a suit upgrade that lessens fall damage. Either way!

I like the idea of surfing down a mountain as well. Maybe they could even put in a parachute or jet pack attachment fuled by hydrazine 

Edited by Vinnie

3 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I like the idea of surfing down a mountain as well. Maybe they could even put in a parachute or jet pack attachment fuled by hydrazine 

+1 for the jetpack idea. It'd be perfect for exploring catacombs and that's where hydrazine is commonly found too.