AstroneerNut32

Reduce amount of rocks by 99%

Or remove them altogether.  They don’t really add anything to the game and just make driving frustrating.  Especially when they don’t appear until it’s too late to steer around them

Yeah they need to have a lower spawnrate.

It makes the planets seem more...planet-y though, so that's nice.

Perhaps if you could run over them and they'd drop an item?

HAHAHAHA! Agree. It seems that as you are trucking along the ground ahead of you looks clear but low and behold big rocks ALWAYS seem to materialize right in front of you. Gets really annoying.

How about being able to add a sort of grill to the front that just mows threw rocks (later game but not late game)

also can rocks not span on platforms that you have built its weird and annoying

rocks are the natural enemy of rovers. see how they cunningly make themselves invisible to the rover until the last minute, then appear just in time to send it head over heels again? they know what they are doing. it's clear some kind of malevolent force is at work here. perhaps this is the true alien experience of this system... they were here all along, pretending to be mundane rocks, now they want revenge for our harvesting their earth-mother....

...or perhaps i'm just SOOO desperate for some kind of story-driven gameplay now that it's sent me over the edge. I'll let you decide. but before you do, just take another look at those rocks.....

I have to admit, I too hate the rocks but I also understand they are a cool and necessary feature for your average alien planet.

Could they (some of them) be spawned more as a surface texture than an object? Or perhaps make some of them disintegrate or split into smaller rocks when a rover comes into contact with them?

They make driving around a very stop/start operation.

How about a "waypoint" system for driving? Click on terrain to go there and just keep clicking in the direction you wish to travel?

On 3/1/2018 at 5:30 PM, AstroneerNut32 said:

Or remove them altogether.  They don’t really add anything to the game and just make driving frustrating.  Especially when they don’t appear until it’s too late to steer around them

Next week's update is supposed to contain new vehicles and hopefully they will handle better over rough terrain & rocks. So hang in there.

Edited by Mak-a-Face

I like the rocks as an early game annoyance. I would love if they broke down after being driven over enough, which would make for a cool organic road system over time. Maybe wear down the fauna as well down to dirt. Don't get rid of them. Make them a design goal. 

9 minutes ago, Skedaddler said:

I like the rocks as an early game annoyance. I would love if they broke down after being driven over enough, which would make for a cool organic road system over time. Maybe wear down the fauna as well down to dirt. Don't get rid of them. Make them a design goal. 

lol. I meant Flora. Leave the fauna alone. 

Or, they could add a "road marker" that allows you to stop spawning of things in the road. It would be like 2 lines that lay down that stop rocks, plant, etc. from spawning.

Why has everyone abandoned the idea of getting out of your vehicle and walking, or am I the only one who hates the rovers to begin with?

I think your the only one that hates rovers... nor being able to carry things puts a real hinderance on your game. One research at a time, carrying it all the way home? Yeah nah. I'm all about that four car train loaded with supplies and research coming home lol. On the other hand...

I agree that rocks are out of control. I spend more time flipping my vehicle back over some nights than i do driving. Need a cow catcher or make rocks despawn when hit.

16 hours ago, TrojanSteel said:

The inhibitor mod is good for getting rid of rocks above and below ground.

I have it! Have a mount in front of the rover where an inhibitor terraformer module goes.

17 hours ago, GreenBeing said:

I have it! Have a mount in front of the rover where an inhibitor terraformer module goes.

Even so, it is annoying and hard to get the inhibitor mod, and during the time required to get it I would still have lag.

I just finished reading this entire post and honestly, I am a little torn. On one hand I do agree that the rocks add a small degree of immersion to the planet, however, they lack verity and remove-ability. Where as on the other hand, they cause nothing but stress when driving rovers and once again, there is no way of getting rid of them apart from getting out of your vehicle and digging them up which is incredibly tedious in and of itself. I would not mind keeping the rocks if 1: they had their own texture/color to make them stand out from the normal terrain, 2: if there was a way to remove them whilst driving, and 3: if they had a bit more diversity or even a purpose. Heck, make them retrievable and give the game a rock crusher that can reward the player with either more Bytes or resources, adding more depth to the game and giving players the satisfaction of crushing the life out of those little demon rocks that cause so much stress.

Rocks are the nemesis of any ground vehicle (except any antigravity vehicles that get introduced). I agree that the spawn rate needs to be lowered. Countless times I have had to change course to avoid a cluster of rocks that just suddenly appear, only to have to change course even more to avoid the SECOND cluster of rocks that just spawned out of thin air. I like the concept of some kind of device (Tier 2, naturally) that could be fixed to the front of your Rover. I am thinking of a combination of a dozer blade and an Inhibitor Mod. The Mod's area of effect is projected forwards in front of the vehicle, uprooting the rocks, then the dozer blade pushes them off to the sides when it hits them.

oh, and yes, I hate it when rocks spawn on your base too. They have got to do something about that.

Adding hover rover was denied.

You should read the most frequent requests, although there should be a simple solution of being able to drive on them with some simple code.

This is %100 an accurate frustration, still. Too many rocks, I very, very rarely (at least on Terran) get to full speed with a rover. It is more likely that before you get to 1/3 your total speed you will hit a rock and fly off, spin over, stop dead or just slowly climb over. It does not help the fact (verified this playing yesterday) that on Terran, the rocks are the exact same color as the ground which they spawn on - I mean come on - at least give them a rock color (brown, maybe? Or bright orange, anything really!) so we can see the darn things. In some cases, running somewhere could be less frustrating and likely faster, making the rover's only benefit that it can sloppily carry several more items with it. I mean, rovers can barely climb inclines now. The old rovers were great at slowly grunting up steeper hills, which made them great for caving and exploring.