SES_joe

Patch 0.6.2 - February 28th, 2018

Hi.

Spiele das Spiel sehr gerne und freue mich sehr über jedes Update. Aber ihr müsst mir unbedingt helfen. Immer wenn ein Update kommt kann ich, nachdem ich mein Spielstand geladen habe, nicht mehr aus der Kapsel aussteigen und die Kamera ist in meinen Avatar drin. Und ihr müsst beheben das wenn man im coop spielt, es extrem ruckelt, wenn man schon viel gebaut hat und dementsprechend weit ist.

@SES_joe One little tiny thing, might be a bug...but I can only change the volumes click by click.Holding down the mouse button does nothing.

12 hours ago, SES_joe said:

definitely working on this. There are problems with some sound not being effected by the values, and reverb. Will be fixed next update.

About the audio settings that are been reset to zero every time one starts up the game, that could very well be happening because the initial read of the GameUserSettings.ini file does not cater for the local decimal separator format of the users system. In my language, Dutch, the decimal separator is a comma, not a dot, and I'm almost sure this is the reason the audio settings are always reset to zero when I start the game. A check for the users local decimal separator and using that while reading the ini file at game startup would probably solve this problem.

Greets,

Jan

13 hours ago, attichicco said:

I tested it, and it worked, great job but... can you put out an hot fix that will make old ones work too? new large storage transmit power but the ones built previously than 0.6.2.0 wont transmit power... or at least make a way for us to dismantle those and build them back (with the new features)

@SES_joe So can anything be done for old already placed Large Storages?

14 hours ago, attichicco said:

Wait What? xD

• Fixed a bug that caused a full sediment processor to turn into Barad-dûr, resulting in the Eye of Sauron's gaze to follow your every move in your solar system.

Say what!? Never saw that happen!

that's good for now. nice work :)

but i hope you guys add fluid animations to the characters, they're good now, but it could be better...

2 hours ago, attichicco said:

@SES_joe So can anything be done for old already placed Large Storages?

I'm not holding my breath, sadly. If they could have fixed it so this update effected already-placed Large Storages, then they would have. I haven't done much on my game, so I'm going to scrap it and start anew.

4 hours ago, YoGrumpyGoblin said:

Can you PLEASE expand the "Known Issues" list to issues a lot of people are having, so that we at least know you acknowledge them?

That list is intended to show the bugs that should be ironed out in the March update. 

The devs are aware of most of the issues posted on the forum, Reddit, Discord, and the other platforms. As you can imagine, curating a full bug list for a game during Alpha would be a big task. As would be replying to all the feedback they get!

A buddy and I got to play last night. Started a new game and built an underground base. Love the update and new building items. The biggest issue we had last night was I as the host had lots of lag on my end. Not all the time but it would come and go and it was bad enough that I would have to stop moving until it passed and then continue playing. The other thing we noticed was as my buddy entered the game, his lander landed in the same place as the habitat so it looked funny. Awesome update though. Thank you.

Hi!

Found some bugs in 6.1.0 and i doesn't seen in log that those bugs was fixed, so i'll write them.

1. Sometimes, when you place a theter at the maximal distance from another, it connects to that tether, but without blue wire between them, so it looks like working (it glows and give oxygen), but disconnected.

2. If you place Small generator on Medium storage placed on the platform, then it will continue wroking, but the golographic icon of needed resource (Organic) disappear, so I cann't just click on it and place Organic on the generator, I must open inventory, grab Organic and place it on generator manually. I cann't say that it makes problem on PC, but on XBox it will be some unconvenient (if there also appears this bug).

3. One of the researchables (green with blue stripes, that makes that research item looks like graboid's or Dune worm's face) is too exposed to wind, especially when windstorm came, and stretches up to two or even three times from it original form. It looks some creepy.

4. Very rarely that pulsing things, which exhaling toxic gas, spawns underground — not on the surface of the cave (floor, ceiling or walls) but under the floor. And moreover, them can attack you with gas even from under the floor. IDK is this bug or feature, because underfloor invisible traps looks cool, but sometimes it will be hard to understand that attackers is under the floor or in the wall of the cave, so it can kill you before you figure out where it is.

If I found some other bugs, I'll notify you.

1 minute ago, malomaster said:

Hi!

Found some bugs in 6.1.0 and i doesn't seen in log that those bugs was fixed, so i'll write them.

1. Sometimes, when you place a theter at the maximal distance from another, it connects to that tether, but without blue wire between them, so it looks like working (it glows and give oxygen), but disconnected.

2. If you place Small generator on Medium storage placed on the platform, then it will continue wroking, but the golographic icon of needed resource (Organic) disappear, so I cann't just click on it and place Organic on the generator, I must open inventory, grab Organic and place it on generator manually. I cann't say that it makes problem on PC, but on XBox it will be some unconvenient (if there also appears this bug).

3. One of the researchables (green with blue stripes, that makes that research item looks like graboid's or Dune worm's face) is too exposed to wind, especially when windstorm came, and stretches up to two or even three times from it original form. It looks some creepy.

4. Very rarely that pulsing things, which exhaling toxic gas, spawns underground — not on the surface of the cave (floor, ceiling or walls) but under the floor. And moreover, them can attack you with gas even from under the floor. IDK is this bug or feature, because underfloor invisible traps looks cool, but sometimes it will be hard to understand that attackers is under the floor or in the wall of the cave, so it can kill you before you figure out where it is.

If I found some other bugs, I'll notify you.

Have you posted them under the dedicated bug section?

Just now, attichicco said:

Have you posted them under the dedicated bug section?

Oops, I didn't pay attention to that section. I'll repost it there now.

1 hour ago, Joshua Armerding said:

A buddy and I got to play last night. Started a new game and built an underground base. Love the update and new building items. The biggest issue we had last night was I as the host had lots of lag on my end. Not all the time but it would come and go and it was bad enough that I would have to stop moving until it passed and then continue playing. The other thing we noticed was as my buddy entered the game, his lander landed in the same place as the habitat so it looked funny. Awesome update though. Thank you.

The cause of the lag during multiplayer is caused by the client not the host, whenever they use the terrain tool to dig soil or minerals it causes the host to lag until they finish digging or mining. I'll be reporting this bug as soon as I can.

Astroneer (Steam) just updated again, but the patch number hasn't increased - still at 6.2.0.   I wonder what changed?

15 hours ago, Michael J Green Jr said:

The cause of the lag during multiplayer is caused by the client not the host, whenever they use the terrain tool to dig soil or minerals it causes the host to lag until they finish digging or mining. I'll be reporting this bug as soon as I can.

Thanks for the information. 

3 hours ago, Shade31211 said:

Is there any news on a fix for the frame drops during miltiplayer

Still the same netcode issues. Maybe when dedicated servers arrive.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Wyvyrias said:

Still the same netcode issues. Maybe when dedicated servers arrive.

16 hours ago, Shade31211 said:

Is there any news on a fix for the frame drops during miltiplayer

actually, in every preview game this is possible just when the game is close to get completed. and it'll late. there a lot of things to do before it.

11 hours ago, Erick Iury said:

just when the game is close to get completed. 

i believe the game is at 45% of the process of being completed, for now.

Edited by Wyvyrias
Merged posts

I'm believing that I've noticed a ground creation adjustment too.  Seems a bit more dull.  Each new instance I launch has pretty much a flat landing area, with hardly any features.  Might be just me though. 

For me the two most annoying things are:

- the amount of storms and this stupid sitting in the base without being able to do anything (not even research)?

- the controls: moving while carrying a big item, driving. Why not just just walk and drive with WASD and move the camera freely, why is the direction changing depending on the view direction?

- Another issue is, that the game starts to lag when you have built a certain amount of structures.

Will these points be adressed in future updates?

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:46 AM, OVKE2309 said:

Why not just just walk and drive with WASD and move the camera freely, why is the direction changing depending on the view direction?

Welcome to the club!  The control scheme has been one of the top complaints since the beginning (December 2016). 

It seems a lot of new people have joined the Astroneer ranks since Joe first calmed our fears about the controls.  So for those who missed it the first time around, the following quote is from the Patch 221 thread. 

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 1:24 PM, SES_joe said:

As always, rovers are still a work in progress, and we hope to have a complete overhaul of their physics, maneuverability, and controls when we get to our 1.0 launch.