stephan.dickinson

Oxygen suggestions

This thread is intended to collect all feedback in regards to the way O2 gameplay works.

To start: I feel in the current (6.1) build, O2 feels fun and challenging in the early game, but gets too easy in the mid-late game.  I like the idea that your starting habitat has a visible O2 generator which is taking power to work.  I feel that this should get extended to the shuttle and spaceship, but should be removed from the rovers and platforms.  In this way when you land on a new planet you have infinite  O2 as long as you are tethered to you spaceship (just like currently). 

For Rovers and platforms, I feel like a portable O2 generator that slowly draws a tiny amount of power should be researchable.  This would bring back the need to worry about bottoming out your power supply, and bring the need back to have small and medium generators and fuel handy.  A small rover with a O2 generator and a solar panel would be fine for taking journeys across the planet's surface, but if you venture into a cave and cannot find some power from plants or organics, you might get into trouble.

As for platforms, I agree with several other threads here that a medium or large platform that is plugged into a habitat should provide O2 , but an unplugged large platform should not.  (This may be a bug in 6.1 that they currently provide oxygen.)

I like the safety and calmness of the 02 being infinite from the rover and you not having to worry about it, but I also do agree that it needs to get challenging, a portable oxygen generator combined with a solar panel and a wind turbine would provide near infinite oxygen, and so we get the best of both worlds. this is quite a good suggestion, and I would like to see it implemented, however the generator mustn't be too hard to make. (nor too easy)

Perhaps in the future when you select parts for your rover instead of more engine power use can use a oxygen generator in stead of a tank that only lasts so long