Sign in to follow this  

invert camera axis apply to terrain tool

i always have "invert camera y axis" on for controller because, well, it's the more intuitive way to work with controller camera operation. however, when you hit X to bring out the tool, the camera invert seems to "turn off"... that is, pushing the left stick up or down feels like it goes the wrong way. the only workaround i've found yet is to hold down the left trigger to move the tool without moving the camera focus as well. 

a couple ideas for fixes:

1) have "invert camera y axis" apply to terrain-mode as well

2) have an option to select 'default' camera mode with deformer, and what the left-trigger does ("hold left trigger to lock terrain tool focus <yes, no>", or "terrain tool default mode <camera, free>"). the latter option would have the implication of holding the left trigger to use the non-selected option. of course, there's also always the option to simply pull the trigger once to swap modes, instead of holding it down to use the non-preferred mode.

3) maybe both 1 and 2!

on looking closer, i realize camera invert DOES apply to the terrain tool... which still feels like the y-axis controls are backwards. perhaps 2 options for y-axis invert; 'camera' and 'terrain tool', instead of just one governing all camera?

I agree.  It would be much more enjoyable if the Y-axis could also be inverted as well as the camera. This is probably my biggest complaint with the game, but this is just the alpha. Keep up the good work.