Sign in to follow this  
sandmangreen4

0.6.1 - STEAM - Car doesn't recharge

0.6.1 - STEAM - Car doesn't recharge

While i was away in exploration, my car battery died, and the car refused to use the extra batteries I provided, nor charge while a solar panel and turbine were put on top of it. I also used natural energy item on top of it and didn't use it neither.

The only way it accepted charge was by puting the panel on the ground and connecting the cable.

(In the photo, the solar panel wasn't working cause there was no sun.... what i want you to look at are the batteries and the red cable, that means i'm steering the vehicle but it won't move cause "there is no energy left")

20180227134717_1.jpg

I have the same problem, my large rover behaves as if it is connected to my base even when it is not.

When my base is low on power the rover battery drains even though it is not connected. Small solar or turbine won't charge it when it is in this state. When my base has excess power the rover will charge even if it not connected.

My work around is to use a small generator and organic on the rover. The battery does not charge but I am able to drive.

I've tried connecting and disconnecting both ends of the rover from the base in the hope it would reset the bug. Also tried connecting both ends with extenders.

The first time I drove the rover after constructing it, I didn't disconnect it, just drove away and let it auto-disconnect.

This is on Tundra planet. My rovers on Terran and Barren worked as expected. I'll fly back there and confirm if they are still working normally.  

the bug described by sandmangreen4 is a repost since it is the same that i already described here: 

solar panels or any form of energy can't pass trough the Large Storage, Note: you can attach stuff to the front and back of the rover too, try attaching a solar panel on the front (Tested only on trucks with Medium Solar Panels, not sure if it will work on Small Rover)

the bug described by dinglemouse is different, it may be related to the fact that even if they try to make old worlds compatbile they aren't always compatbile, the bug is probably on the rover itself and maybe wont happen on a new game, it's possible that when your old base got automatically packed up your rover was connected to it and can't be disconnected anymore, it's like powerlinked, maybe will work even trough big distances, try it out, it could be very cool since you could load up a base with batteries and go around forever with your truck!

Crafted a new Large Rover on Tundra and it behaves normally but if I connect it to the bugged rover it will drain both.

For now I'll just leave the bugged rover at the base to act as an additional battery.

Note that this is a new save, not one migrated from a previous version and the bug does not disappear if I save, exit and reload.

So the bug is only related to your rover right? i guess only developers can find out what is going on, i suggest you to upload your savegame so if they see this they will take a look and find out what's wrong, savegame located in: appdata\Local\Astro\Saved\SaveGames

To go there fast follow this:

Press windows key + R and paste this in it: %appdata%\..\Local\Astro\Saved\SaveGames

I don't know the save location if you have a Mac or Linux pc.