Piemur1

0.6.1 large shuttle unflyable with 2 large storage

If you build a large shuttle you cannot pilot it if you build two large storage modules on it. You can no longer use the habitat to pilot a shuttle with a full load of stuff on it. So if that cannot be done anymore, can the game put up a warning that if you build the second large storage it will not take off? Remind players that they need a closed seat somewhere on it? Or else they have a very large very pretty storage paperweight that now can't be moved or dismantled.

that is a bit cheaty, of course you can't pretend to build a rocket, and attach a habitat to the side and take off like nothing... even if it worked before it's more realistic like this.

apart from that, i agree with a warning or even better having the builder not allow you to build a second large storage on it.

Also it may be related to this:

you may ask why? well it looks like large storage is behaving only as a storage on the new patch and it wont even allow power to pass trough it, if you experience the same bug please confirm it with a message!

Certainly! I wholeheartedly agree, but I would like to see a change that would prevent a situation where you would have a sitting block for a shuttle and had spent quite some time filling in the required hydrazine fuel thinking that it would still work the way it had before. If it warns you that if you place that second large storage you will absolutely have no way of taking off, it would warn off players from trying it. Because (at the moment) nothing can be repacked or deconstructed and with no way to MOVE the shuttle, it becomes a hindrance. Not saying that they WILL implement something like that, but I can always hope.

I had built the double large in order to carry enough prefabbed materials and equipment to quickly establish a new base on another planet thinking I would be able to bring that amount to offset the scarcity of certain materials (Radiated planet being supposedly scarce in resin and compound). I needed as many double-connectors I could fit, and was going to bring in a second habitat for the starting base.

Unfortunately, as you could tell, I was unsuccessful from even lifting off. So I submitted this bug report for consideration of at least notifying the player that they are about to make a major mistake or preventing it outright. Personally, I think warning them of the issue would be best and let them make the mistake themselves after being hence notified. But now I need to research 2 things for shuttles, both the shuttle AND a cockpit. That is incredibly expensive, research-wise IMO, just to get to another planet and establish a new base.

17 hours ago, Piemur1 said:

If you build a large shuttle you cannot pilot it if you build two large storage modules on it. You can no longer use the habitat to pilot a shuttle with a full load of stuff on it. So if that cannot be done anymore, can the game put up a warning that if you build the second large storage it will not take off? Remind players that they need a closed seat somewhere on it? Or else they have a very large very pretty storage paperweight that now can't be moved or dismantled.

Here is how you make it work. Build a small shuttle some where else, build a capsule on the small shuttle and move the capsule to your large shuttle, take off.

3 hours ago, Liten_Gamer said:

Here is how you make it work. Build a small shuttle some where else, build a capsule on the small shuttle and move the capsule to your large shuttle, take off.

I thought the closed capsule cockpits were fixed (just like large storage), plus the large shuttle's build location has large storage built on the slot where that capsule would go anyway and is also immovable.

1 hour ago, Piemur1 said:

I thought the closed capsule cockpits were fixed (just like large storage), plus the large shuttle's build location has large storage built on the slot where that capsule would go anyway and is also immovable.

You can actually mount the capsule on a large storage and it will work.

15 hours ago, Liten_Gamer said:

You are a LIFE SAVER! Thank you so much!

13 hours ago, Liten_Gamer said:

You can actually mount the capsule on a large storage and it will work.

Dang, now I wish I hadn't deleted that save :P