Kelvar

Unlimited oxygen with platforms - survive forever in the depths!

I'm certain this must be an oversight, bug or some kind of exploit. Basically my friend and I carried a large platform with us deep into the caves, load it up with minerals and head back with pretty much zero risk. When our oxygen is low we just drop the platform, refill, pick it up and carry on.

As handy as this is it makes the risk of caves and the like pretty trivial. It used to be fun trying to get vehicles down there (which was challenging and the oxygen was a nice payoff), but the platform tables are just too easily carted about.

Probably this isn't intentional!

I agree, platforms shouldn't provide oxygen, only habitats and vehicles should.
Platforms may be a relay for oxygen but not a source.
I set up a large platform with a research chamber in a cave and powered it with the new extenders from my base. I already a tethers going down there so I kept them.

I think it would be great to 
make extenders able to accommodate tethers with a slot on top of them, to keep thinks logical (oxygen from base) and tidy.

20180227104929_1.jpg

Edited by Bushmills

2 hours ago, Bushmills said:

I agree, platforms shouldn't provide oxygen, only habitats and vehicles should.
Platforms may be a relay for oxygen but not a source.
I set up a large platform with a research chamber in a cave and powered it with the new extenders from my base. I already a tethers going down there so I kept them.

I think it would be great to 
make extenders able to accommodate tethers with a slot on top of them, to keep thinks logical (oxygen from base) and tidy.

20180227104929_1.jpg

Yes. I've been watchin youtubers play this and they're building these massive power links and removing their old tethers and I keep thinking... you're going to need oxygen! :)