Can't research anything...

I've started playing the BaseBuilding update and figured out the fabricators (which I am not sure I like, it's an awful lot of operations: select item, add resources, print, print platform, pick-up platform, rotate/place, open, connect power, pick up item, carry to platform, place, open...)

My research chamber doesn't work.  Connecting it to the habitat doesn't give it enough power, and adding as many as four small generators on an adjoining platform with the cable connected seems to have have no effect on the amount of available power...  Is this a bug?  The smelter seems to operate attached only to the habitat, which considering one's a scanner and the other a heavy industrial process seems the wrong way around...

I'm probably missing something obvious, but having spent the best part of an hour looking for it, that has to hint it isn't obvious enough...

Thanks,

Ian

Have you gone into the menu on the research platform and hit the start button?  Looks like the habitat provides about a half charge for the research platform, so more than enough for it to work.

1 hour ago, TwoHedWlf said:

Have you gone into the menu on the research platform and hit the start button?  Looks like the habitat provides about a half charge for the research platform, so more than enough for it to work.

Yes, I've pressed the button and the scanner arms are doing the half-hearted jerking that they usually do when there's isn't power...

Also the power indicator on the research chamber is empty, even though I've plugged it into the habitat.

I'm wondering if it is a bug somehow triggered for that particular save, tomorrow I'll try again with a new one.

Ian

I started again and in this new save the research chamber works as expected.  So I think there must be a bug somewhere with my other game, but there's not really any hint what the trigger was...

Ian