Sign in to follow this  
Mak-a-Face

Improved Interactive Controls

I've been playing with the modules & fabricators for a while now and there are some aspects of the fabricator controls that I like and others on the modules like the printer. So why not combine them into one. Have a similar control panel like on the fabricator that would open with the Q key, you won't need the start button any more so replace that with a close button. You'd use this to select what item or module you'd like to make. After closing the control panel, you'd just have to press the E key to start the printing or fabrication. No longer would you have to go into the control panel to start the operation. This could be implemented on all stations to simplify things and would lessen the confusion in the end.

Here's what the new "Examine & Use" icon could look like.

WgLa1v7.png

Would work amazingly in my opinion.

9 hours ago, Yu Kazami said:

nice and handy. I would like this for all stations, just like u wrote. ^^

Yeah, would be confusing without it being all stations.

Something else I forgot to add was that the current printer has a ghost image that always shows the item that was last printed or unlocked. Currently the fabricators need a resource on it to show the ghost image. This should be the same for the fabricators, when powered up, it would see a ghost image of whatever platform or module was just unlocked or was last fabricated. You'd be able to quickly determine if that platform or module is what you want to fabricate or change the current selection in the control panel.

Another thing that you could add into the control panel, would be the ability to set up a queue for how many items you want to print or fabricate if the resources are available next to the fabricator or printer. Set it and forget it.

1 hour ago, Mak-a-Face said:

Something else I forgot to add was that the current printer has a ghost image that always shows the item that was last printed or unlocked. Currently the fabricators need a resource on it to show the ghost image. This should be the same for the fabricators, when powered up, it would see a ghost image of whatever platform or module was just unlocked or was last fabricated. You'd be able to quickly determine if that platform or module is what you want to fabricate or change the current selection in the control panel.

Another thing that you could add into the control panel, would be the ability to set up a queue for how many items you want to print or fabricate if the resources are available next to the fabricator or printer. Set it and forget it.

one more step into automatization. Love it!

22 hours ago, Yu Kazami said:

one more step into automatization. Love it!

Actually the new smelter kind of does that already. Loaded up and it won't stop until it's completely empty.