Astroneer doesn't stop running in Steam app after I quit the game.

Christine Hazlett

I am playing the game on a PC with a game controller.

I play the game through the Steam app.

I started playing Astroneer today, and when I quit the game, I noticed that it still said "running" next to Astroneer.  It did not go away.  I tried finding Astroneer through Windows Task Manager, but could not find the app there in order to stop whatever it was attempting to do.  I went about doing other things on my computer, and eventually decided to open Astroneer through the Steam app again.  It would not allow it because the program was still "running" in the background.  I exited the Steam app, but before it would close it said "Astroneer" is still running in the background, would you like to go ahead and close" I said yes.  I tried running the game again after Steam was up and running and everything worked fine, unless I quit the game and wanted to get back in.

I hope this is clear enough.  If you have any questions, please reply and I will get back to you ASAP.

Thank you very much!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been experiencing the same problem. When exiting Steam it says it is waiting for Astroneer to close and I have to tell it to exit now. I was also getting a notice that Astroneer was already running when trying to start the game and had to restart the computer even though task manager didn't show any instances of it running.

• 11 months later...

Have the same problem. I also noticed that after this happens after shutting down Steam and rerunning it again when I start Astroneer I have completely empty friends list. So nither can I invite friens nor accept their invitation. Rebooting PC and relogging into Steam helps but it makes co-op sessions rather tedious.