GoldFish120

Unlocking stuff

I really enjoy it, but feel that some of the research should require more bytes. Maybe the way it is now could be a sandbox/easy mode while in a survival mode it would be a lot more expensive.

I wonder if an option can be made with cheap research and expensive and i really would like some type of gating of research not to be able to get the large rover before i research the vechicle bay

If requests like this become a reality i would quit the game becase i will be bored of it in 2-3 hours cheap is not for everyone and same goes for expensive

I really don't have a problem with the Research Costs... and for myself am happy as a Clam...... but

I would love to see a difficulty set of options in the end product and some options similar to the original game so all my friends kids could dive back into the game.

I love the new Research system but I think it is still too easy to unlock everything in just a few hours of play. I don't think the issue is the number of bytes but rather the abundance of research pods. I can run into a cave right next to the base and find 10-20 research pods in less than an hour. I went for a short drive with a rover train last night and picked up 16 pods in about 30 minutes. I've been running 2 research stations at once and it pretty tedious to keep putting new pods on ever 3 - 5 minutes when you have a pile of small ones. I think it would be better to keep they Byte quantities the same as they are now but to make the pods more rare and have the research platforms run slower. 

I spent the weekend playing with the new update (loving the new base building system) but in about 10 hours I've unlocked everything, built everything and have a huge pile of research pods and resources and nothing to do with them. I even avoid using the mineral extractor much because I think it makes the game too easy. Guess I'm done until the next update.

i have a start with no research objects near my base... so i cant even unlock the connectors for further travel... :(

the costs are ok i think. with the new bases you have to build up multiple research labs for more bytes.

31 minutes ago, KingPhantom said:

i have a start with no research objects near my base... so i cant even unlock the connectors for further travel... :(

By connectors do you mean Tethers? Once you go through the first couple steps of the tutorial (making the small generator, printing a canister, the things the game directs you to do) you should be given enough Bytes to unlock tethers for free without needing to find any research.

Because how easy is to unlock everything, we are able to provide feedback, and find the eventual bug. IMHO, There needs to be a complete game, before we get fixated on somethings, like how long research takes, difficulty options etc. My 2 cents, for what they are worth.

Hopefully will add more things to research as the game progresses. For example research’s to improve things like battery drain, generators power output etc etc. Game has much potential, hopping developers see it.

On 25.2.2018 at 10:56 PM, SkinHeadBaby said:

[...]not to be able to get the large rover before i research the vechicle bay[...]

How about a note below the research item telling us about what is needed to actually build the item about to be researched.

Large Rover

Requires Vehicle Bay to build

Maybe even showing the requirement in red if not met...?

On 3/5/2018 at 10:40 PM, neraulin said:

How about a note below the research item telling us about what is needed to actually build the item about to be researched.

A bit late responce but puting text in red doesnt mean gating

At least not what i had in mind and vechicle bay was just example

it would make more sence for small rover to be forced to research before large

in other word similar research like factorio research tree just not so complicated