Sign in to follow this  
goody_fyre11

AllowInitialPlanetSelection=True problem

So I heard that you can select the starting planet by changing AllowInitialPlanetSelection=False to true in the configs.  It did work, however I can't click on any of the planets.  It just seems to turn the game into an interactive screensaver.  Is there some button I'm not pressing?  I know this isn't a default game feature, but I just want to start on Barren since it doesn't have sandstorms.  Perhaps the Basebuilding update broke it?

Perhaps hacking the game and not playing it how it was designed isn't intended.. ya think? Next you'll be making bug reports based on inaccurate information.. like you started on a non default planet.. then discovered xyz bug..

Its not a Hack when the Dev's provided us with it....  It was fun while it lasted....... Now it does not work.... No problem

It is a Feature Joe has talked about and may be added later.

Remember its in Alpha Stage.

Editing core game files to your own ends is all well and good in a released game and only so long as you mention you modded the game when reporting bugs etc.  But in a pre release.. well, I can only hope the bugs are from the standard version as no other bugs are even worth recording, if people broke their game by editing files.  Even if it is only by changing a single flag from false to true.

Edited by Martin