As someone who does CAD for a living, the alignment tool (and flatten terrain function) is one of my favorite things to get in the interest of making a base I can be proud of. That said, there are a couple of adjustments that really should be made that could transfer it from being a helpful tool to being the quintessential base-taming device.

1. Allow the tool to work on ceilings

-I'm getting really tired of constantly adjusting a base ceiling angle so that any lights I put up there can actually light the place up.

2. Either allow us to set a desired angle for a slope, or create a separate "Angle tool that allows us to set the angle/pitch of the ramps we create.

-There is far too much guess work involved in trying to get the correct angle for a ramp. pitch and bearing would be the best thing to happen to Astroneer highways since the terrain tool itself!

3. Please please please find a way for the flatten terrain function to actually create a flat plane rather than a vague approximation of the angle you select.

-Currently the entrance to my base looks nearly like a stairway due to that effect.