Hovercraft - new vehicle

1. They could fly at about 1 astroneer hight.
  2. They could be very fast but slide on turns. (drift)
  3. They should rather be for exploration or fast journeys between the bases.
  4. They should slow down, if too much cargo is onboard
  5. They shurely should to be resistant to small and medium holes

I think that there could be two versions:
-small - two fans (or some sci-fi things) and 4 dots (for example 1 seat and 1 unknown)
-medium - four fans and 6 to 8 dots

Maybe seats should be builded in for more aerodynamic look (the oryginal seats are massive)

If you like the idea, share comments and give more ideas!!! :)

Edited by pionaiki

This is a great idea but I don't think they should have ports that would be able to transfer stuff and if they did very minimal. It would take over the use of rovers. the idea could be used more for like fast travel between bases like you said. idk a thought.

13 hours ago, Bruess said:

This is a great idea but I don't think they should have ports that would be able to transfer stuff and if they did very minimal. It would take over the use of rovers. the idea could be used more for like fast travel between bases like you said. idk a thought.

Yes, maybe you're right. Maybe only the small version should be added...

Edited by pionaiki

OK, there is one problem...

Base beacon have rather small radious. I think that Hovercrafts should leave some kind of track behind and maybe have the possibility of automaticaly coming home.

No, map is totaly diffrent story, I don't think that would work. I think that maps whould not sit in this game, those could destroy the gameplay. But something would be needed.

Wenn man auf den Hovercraft noch ein Solarmodul oder ein Windmodul setzten könnte,dann könnte man auch abseits von einer Leitung fahren.Es sei den es hat einen internen Energie speicher weil dann könnte man ja vielleicht eine Batterie oder andere Energieträger drauf platzieren.Ich finde die Idee nicht schlecht weil man währe um einiges schneller unterwegs.Wenn man dann noch Saltos und die möglichkeit hat das Hovercraft im Flug zu kontrollieren dann wäre es eine echt coole Idee für die Nächsten Updates.^_^

the hover should have at least some storage, but not as much as a rover. it should also be more expensive and take up more fuel

the large hover should  basically be a truck that is slower, but doesn't get stuck in pits

I think there should also be a low flyer that can go really quickly, but is very hard to control, only has 2 slots (for a seat)

and a large flyer, which can go higher (but still not outside the atmosphere), it's even harder to control, and has the ability for you to go mine whilst you are flying. basically making an easy way to explore planets. it can also be summoned to you when you are on a different planet using a beacon.

Perhaps it could be used as a vecuile transport were it carries your actual rovers but has No storage or anything but is excellent at navigation

On 1.03.2018 at 2:14 AM, Rebelord said:

Perhaps it could be used as a vecuile transport were it carries your actual rovers but has No storage or anything but is excellent at navigation

I thought, it could be used for exploration and fast travel (without much strorage)

I just feel that there not to much encouragement for exploration in the game right now so the hovercraft may not be the best idea but it does seem the devs are starting to encourage exploration 

(also i recently found out that hovercrafts are confirmed so yay cause the idea does seem like a lot of fun)